Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Environmental Engineer or Scientist to support our private sector, local, state and federal clients nationwide. This full-time position will report to our Washington, DC area office located in Chantilly, Virginia.
Wood, a renowned global program management, engineering and environmental consulting and construction firm, is seeking highly motivated individuals to work in our Environmental Services, Planning, Management and Compliance Practice. Wood is looking for outstanding candidates with strong credentials and a passion for client service, who enjoy working as part of a team.
The candidate’s primary role will be to support projects for various government and commercial clients. This role will have an emphasis on environmental compliance auditing; therefore, a candidate with auditing experience is preferred. The candidate will also provide support for monitoring and sampling activities, site investigations, and preparation of technical reports including compiling analytical data. The candidate must be accountable to work independently. Strong organizational, communication and data management skills are essential.
This role may also include:
- Conducting site visits to make observations and gather information to evaluate compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations, permits and plans
- Assisting in creating and updating environmental/safety plans and permits
- Assisting in other environmental due diligence and assessment-related work
- Assisting in proposal writing and participate in marketing opportunities
- Managing tasks of size and scope commensurate with ability
Skills / Qualifications
- BA or BS in Environmental Policy, Science, Engineering, or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in environmental consulting, with emphasis on environmental engineering or science
- Technical understanding of existing federal, state, local and emerging environmental and safety laws, compliance regulations, standards (i.e. ISO) and executive orders (EOs) is desired
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with management, staff, and clients
- Ability to work well in a team environment with a willingness to follow detailed instructions and learn new skills
- Ability to execute field and office tasks and operate independently at times – specifically in field setting
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- This full-time position will report to our Washington, DC area office located in Chantilly, Virginia.
- Travel to various locations throughout the United States will be required
- Daytime travel and overnight (up to ten days) travel required, as needed
- Overtime required, as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.