The Junior Financial Advisor will work closely with the President of Marcum Financial Services to manage existing relationships, and participate in new business proposals. The ideal candidate will serve as the primary day-to-day contact for a specified number of clients and will be held accountable for the delivery of a high-touch, high-quality service. In addition, the Junior Financial Advisor will assist other team members in the management of the firm’s relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle day-to-day inquiries and service requests from assigned client base, responding to and resolving routine client questions or issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain 100% client retention.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of quarterly or semi-annual client meetings. Includes coordination with the President, and vendors; review of all meeting materials; completion of post-meeting documentation and follow-ups.
- Manage regular communication between all parties to maintain, develop and grow strong relationships.
- Coordinate with outside business partners to execute client requests and manage client issues to successful resolution.
- Maintain detailed notes/log of all interactions related to client in CRM, and oversee documents on client portal.
- Proactively address outstanding issues; includes strategizing with the Partner to develop possible resolutions to avoid future issues.
- Conduct fee analyses, RFPs/RFIs, and benchmarking evaluations for clients.
- Assist assigned clients with annual compliance matters.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- CFP designation, or willingness to obtain a designation within 12 months of employment.
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience with asset allocations, financial planning and lead follow up.
- 2+ years of client management experience, including comfort level with face-to-face interaction with clients.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide non-technical explanations to technical matters; ability to summarize and present information in a clear, concise and accurate written and verbal format
- Very high attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- High degree of personal integrity
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in fast-paced environment, including adjusting to changing priorities in a small team culture
- Familiarity with CRM programs and/or database management preferred, MoneyGuidePro experience helpful.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote)
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.