Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc.’s Portland, Oregon office is looking for an Industrial Hygienist to join an experienced team of industrial hygienists performing work for a variety of clients in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. You will work under the direction of Senior Industrial Hygienists in a collaborative team environment.
- Perform industrial hygiene assessments for potential health hazards at client workplaces including evaluations for: chemicals, particulates, noise, asbestos, ventilation (basic knowledge of industrial hygiene instrumentation is needed
- Conduct industrial hygiene exposure assessments including walk-through surveys, inspections, exposure monitoring and hazard control evaluations
- Prepare concise technical reports on the assessments conducted and provide recommendations to eliminate or reduce workplace hazards
- Interpret routine industrial hygiene requirements and regulations
- Assist Senior Industrial Hygienists in coordinating, planning and executing projects
- Responsible for the quality of his/her own work and satisfying client specifications
Skills / Qualifications
Education and Skills Required
- Bachelor of Science degree in industrial hygiene or related field with industrial hygiene course work completed and Master of Science degree in industrial hygiene preferred
- A minimum of two to five years’ experience performing industrial hygiene assessments in manufacturing or consulting; one year minimum with Master of Science degree
- Knowledge of industry occupational safety and health regulations for general industry settings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and deliver high quality of work on time
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- A strong desire and willingness to learn new skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products and their use (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Must be a US Citizen able to pass a U.S. Security Clearance and drug test
Experience and Skills Preferred
- AHERA Asbestos Inspector credentials
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment such as, hard hats, ear plugs, safety glasses, respirators, steel-toed boots, fall protection harnesses
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, climb ladders and stand for extended periods of time
About 10% of travel is required within Pacific Northwest.
Salary and benefits commensurate with education and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.