Bart & Associates is currently seeking a Junior Java Developer to join our team on a Federal project in Reston, VA!
As a Junior Java Developer, you will assist in developing software solutions, participate in design reviews, code reviews, create test plans and participate in testing reviews, and resolve moderate defects. This position will help in supporting the designs, documents, reviews, and maintenance of the components of software solutions for projects related to the support of varying Integration applications as needed.
The role operates in an Agile/Kanban environment and requires an understanding of the full software lifecycle, including functional requirement gathering, design and development, testing of software applications and documenting requirements and technical specifications.
- Proven history of successful interaction with internal customers and/or enterprise IT department.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to clearly understand and articulate complex problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills able to work at all levels of the organization.
- Able to handle multiple priorities.
- J2EE developer with experience that includes MVCs (Struts or Spring), ORM platforms (Hibernate, etc.), Continuous Integration, Web services (REST, SOAP), XML/JSON messaging, Queues (JMS, RabbitMQ, etc.), Rules engine experience (Drools, etc.).
- Database experience with Oracle, SQL server using standard SQL operations: create, insert, delete, update, distinct, etc.
- Agile experience necessary, DevOps preferred.
- Application servers – Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty etc.
- OS - Windows, Linux.
Education: Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field.
Clearance - US Citizenship required my government agency. CBP BI or TS Clearance preferred. The clearance process takes roughly ~4 months.