At REI Systems, our work makes a difference in the lives of millions of people every day. Do you want the opportunity to contribute, grow and learn every day? We’re looking to hire individuals who are enthusiastic and eager to contribute to driving results that matter whether you are developing code for a public-facing website, or ensuring that our latest deployment is bug-free.
Do you enjoy working with amazing people? If you are solution oriented, thrive in a fast paced, agile environment then come work for a company that was ranked 7th in the 2016 Washington Post Top Workplaces.
You can be a Software Developer anywhere, but at REI your code contributes to a mission. Influence the solution!
"REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)"
As a Jr Java Developer, you will:
- Quickly learn new technologies and approaches to designing and deploying internet solutions through the use of cloud-based platforms.
- Work within a team of analysts, developers, and testers to build web-based applications for Federal, State, and Local government.
- Be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying specific components or modules of large enterprise-level systems.
- Engage in all aspects of the software development life cycle including understanding business requirements and supporting testing prior to go-live.
- 0-2 years of hands-on experience using Java, J2EE, JSP, EJB
- Extensive experience with databases (SQL) and collections
- Strong SQL skills and experience with TopLink, EclipseLink, JDBC, WebLogic or Oracle database is desired.
- Experience working in an Agile environment highly desired as developers do wear multiple hats
- Willingness to experiment and innovate through technology.
- Outstanding communications and team working skills are required.
- Success oriented individual with a strong desire to grow technically and exceed customer expectations.
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
The Jr Java Developer should have:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, physics or related discipline
Master’s degree in related field highly preferred
The candidate will have to take and successfully pass the Salesforce Developer certification before joining.
Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience