Early Childhood & Youth Interest/Kid`s Connection Site Supervisor
South Point Center
This position is for a part time Junior Kid's Connection Site Supervisor, located at the South Point location. The site supervisor reports directly to the Kid's Connection Clust Coordinator. A site supervisor is responsible for planning, organizing, supervising and evaluating a multi-recreational all day program for 4 through 6 year olds. Our program follows the guidelines of the Department of Child and Family Services (DCFS) and Oswegoland Park District Kid's Connection goals and philosophy.
- Implement a curriculum based on the developmental stages of a preschool aged child.
- Planning, organizing, coordinating, and leading a multi-recreational program for 4 through 6 year olds, including school days off and summer.
- Prioritizing job assignments for leaders.
- Positively represent the park district in all dealings with customers, District 308, Park District Staff and the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a high school graduate and at least 21 years of age.
- Must have 60 college credits with 18 credits directly related to early childhood education, or elementary education and 750 experience hours from a licensed daycare programe.
- One year experience working with preschool and school age children with a special knowledge of children's physical, emotional, and social development patterns.
- One year experience with program planning, public relations, and personnel management.
- Possess decision making, conflict resolution, negotioation, delegation and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Attend and pass certified bus training.
- Attend 15 hours of training yearly for DCFS compliance.
Hours may vary between 6:15 a.m. - 6:15 p.m., not to exceed 29 hours per week.
$13.00 per hour