About Wander Beauty
Wander Beauty is your destination for fewer, better, beauty essentials that keep you gorgeous on the go. Each of our multitaskers provides maximum impact with minimum effort to streamline your beauty routine. Everything we create is inspired by and co-created with our social community and customers, solving a problem in their daily beauty routines. After winning 15 beauty awards in three years, including five Allure Best of Beauty Awards, Wander Beauty has become a favorite of editors, influencers and customers alike. Cruelty free, enriched with clean, skin loving ingredients from around the globe and housed in luxe, perfectly portable packaging.
Available at: WanderBeauty.com, Sephora (US + select international markets), Net-A-Porter (worldwide), Revolve.com, Nordstrom, and more
Working at Wander
This is a great opportunity to build your career at a company that is experiencing incredible growth.
We’re big enough already to be expanding internationally aggressively but still small enough that you
can pitch your ideas directly to our founders. It’s a fun atmosphere where you will be exposed to all
areas of the business. Expect to test formulas, give feedback, participate in a lot of product naming
surveys and watch or participate in filming video content in our studio on-site.
We’re searching for a talented and multifaceted JuniorPackaging Designer to join our team.
- You are well versed in design, are on top of design trends and technology, and have a passion for all things design-related. You’re a high performer with strong command of typography and composition and are able to communicate ideas through design.
- You are successful in developing concepts, implementing design strategies, and producing interactive, print and brand identity design solutions. You’ll balance creative thinking, interpersonal skills, and client expectations to successfully translate concepts into functional design deliverables. You will work to develop and design deliverables that elevate, differentiate, and function on-brand and on-strategy.
- Preferred programs are Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Essential Job Functions
- Complete packaging design dielines for components, unit cartons, and kits
- Support product development team by conceptualizing packaging designs for new launches
- Collaborate with our team to create compelling visual content for multiple platforms and medias
- Conceptualize, develop, and execute ideas and visual assets for digital distribution that include website banners, online ads, product photos, email newsletter designs, press releases, social media assets, etc.
- Assist in conceptualizing, developing, and executing visual assets for physical distribution that include banners, package inserts, flyers, postcards, etc.
- Support miscellaneous day-to-day operations as needed
- A diverse design portfolio with a variety of design examples
- Excellent command of design, layout, and typography principles
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. Fluency in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop are a must
- Proficiency in Sketch, After Effects, and video editing programs are a major plus as well
- Familiarity with dielines and print production
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Illustration and hand-lettering skills are preferred
- Photography and videography skills are a plus
- Previous experience in cosmetics and/or retail industry a plus
- Strong initiative for both independent work and collaboration
- Productive, efficient, and a self starter
- Thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing startup environment
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects while maintaining deadlines
- Genuine interest in beauty and skincare
Job description is not all inclusive. Wander Beauty reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Wander Beauty is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.