Please email your updated resume if interested in a WORD format.
Position: Junior Procurement Analyst
Duration: 6 + months on W2
Location: Bridgewater, NJ 08807
I. JOB SUMMARY
Provide a brief overview (up to four sentences) that explains the purpose of this job. Consider why this job exists, how it contributes to organizational goals and, if applicable, the purpose of the group reporting to it.
This position is a key role in executing and maximizing the efficiency of the procurement process in line with guidelines. The individual must understand business requirements, complex policies, and have the ability to assess risk in review and approval of spend transactions.
II. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
List and describe the duties and responsibilities of this job in the order of importance or prominence (from most to least) below. For supervisory jobs, differentiate which tasks are performed by the incumbent vs. those performed by employees supervised or managed. Avoid abbreviations and acronyms. In this section, you can also describe the nature and variety of the most typical and complex problems faced by the incumbent and the level of negotiation, persuasion and influencing required, if applicable.
· Independently reviews and applies judgment to determine appropriate spend strategy of transactions (contracts and purchase requisitions) in accordance with company policies and guidelines from Procurement and Legal.
· Responsible for understanding complex compliance policies and ensuring the requirements are met and properly supported
· Approves all spend transactions after appropriate review, assessment, and follow up (excluding those that are low risk and have already been pre-sourced).
· Manages requests for spend below a given threshold (150K) including the following responsibilities:
o Ensures utilization of appropriate preferred providers and Master Service Agreements and take corrective as necessary
o Ensures good purchasing practices are followed and considers opportunities for further negotiation with suppliers
o Assess and validate Fair Market Value calculations for accuracy
o Collaborates with internal customers, Finance, Legal, Purchasing and Management to develop contractual agreements in a timely manner
o Ensures that contractual terms and supporting documentation are correct and in line with business requirements as well as guidelines, SOP’s and policies.
o Manages and expedites final contract preparation with Legal and supplier including negotiations with suppliers.
o Approves contracts and ensures they are fully executed in a timely manner both internally and externally.
o Manage the process to change scope of existing agreements and related orders
· Accountable for triage and resolution of issues with internal customers, acts as a liaison for escalations to maintain a high-level of customer satisfaction.
· Drives, monitors and proactively follows up on the approval of contracts and/or orders through the appropriate system/approval flows to assure they meet customer timing requirements.
· Provide subject matter expertise and guidance for procure to pay process and suite of tools ensuring high customer satisfaction.
· Determines need for additional contractual provisions based on -specific Compliance requirements (e.g. Covered Persons).
· Critical member of various ‘My Buy’ cross functional account teams to:
o Develop tools, training and support on the full P2P process
o Analyze multiple data points (vendor usage, spending trends per business) and partner with Procurement to determine future spend strategies.
o Collaborates with business to understand their purchasing activity and makes recommendations on more efficient and effective contracting strategies.
· Perform key SOX controls (including screening of contracted parties, review Contract Approval Policy, Delegation of Authority of contract signatories and compliance with records retention policies), and support compliance with CIA as needed via either process or system
· Manages documentation and related processes in appropriate contracting and procurement systems.
· Maintains reference files for contracts and requests for proposals (RFPs) as required.
· Communicates with vendor when changes are made to existing contracts and orders
· Consistently meet/ exceed SLAs set by Procurement Operations leadership
· Deal with confidential information
· Ensure correct information is included with transaction to improve overall efficiency of processing with specific attention to reduce errors that cause invoice challenges.