Gurnet Consulting has an immediate need for an exceptional Junior Project Manager.
In this role, you will be leading and managing multiple projects that are diverse in scope. The primary function of this position is to use your extensive experience in project administration & coordination to ensure successful delivery of mission-critical initiatives. You will work in an environment that thrives on innovation, communication, and collaboration.
The importance of flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams is imperative. You will be expected to use your various skills including but not limited to problem-solving, verbal and written communication, excellent relationship building, as well as strong leadership and team management skills. This position will work directly with senior and executive-level positions on Gurnet client sites. Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, thrive in an environment that promotes self-starters and being self-sufficient? This may be the opportunity for you!
As Project Manager you will:
- Work in multiple industries and grow our client relationship through accurate and consistent work.
- Manage technical projects through sound project management principles and standards.
- Understand the client’s strategic direction and apply it to the project team to drive specific outcomes and real business benefits.
- Create, execute and proactively manage project plans adapted to the client environment.
- Facilitate organizational buy-in and consensus on project outcomes through interaction with multiple stakeholder groups, such as business functions, IT, operations.
- Mentor clients, work on projects independently, participate as a team member, or lead teams of consultants and/or clients to successful project delivery
- Work in multiple disciplines across industries and build client knowledge and credibility quickly
- Proactively manage risk and issues, and influence others
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate and address concerns
- Drive execution to see a return on investment.
- Facilitate strong communication between internal and external resources
Required Education, Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years equivalent combination of education and applicable project management work experience.
- 2-3 years of experience leading projects in a formal delivery methodology.
- 1-2 years of client management experience with accountability for client relationships.
- Have proven track record of leading projects to success, by every measure.
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills; rigorous approach to project management to deliver enterprise-level projects.
- Experience creating, managing, executing and reporting on project plans.
- Experience with budget responsibilities in excess of $1M.
- Experience managing large complex projects across multiple functions.
- Experience with distributed, enterprise solutions.
- Ability to lead and manage 5 or more professionals.
- Ability to manage teams with multiple discipline representation (especially business process, technology, and change management).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate data, context, and implications effectively to senior management, stakeholders and cross-functional teams. May be asked to provide professional writing skills examples.
- Must be a self-starter who is resourceful, proactive and assertive, that thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Formal training and certification in structured project management and delivery methods (example: PMBOK, Agile / SCRUM, PRINCE2, COBIT, Kaizen, Lean RUP, CMM or proprietary).
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project, or other project planning tools.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Experience in IT industry.
- Experience consulting services industry.
- PMI and or Scrum Alliance Certification.
Why would you love to work at Gurnet?
- Expand Your Portfolio-You will have the opportunity to work in various industries, for example, Finance, Banking, Healthcare, Retail, Insurance, Hospitality, Manufacturing, and Government.
- Opportunity To Grow-We are constantly looking to be the best, so your experience, skill and collaboration is imperative. It is important we are nurturing an environment where our employees are empowered to bring new, fresh, innovative ideas - in turn Gurnet will flourish!
- Competitive Benefits-Gurnet is competitive with salary, offers fringe benefits that match our competitors, opportunity to earn more when exceeding normal billable hours along with cell and travel reimbursement.