Foster CM Group, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced P6 Junior Planner/Schedulerfor a full-time position located in our Dallas, Texas office. The candidate should have a minimum of 3-5 years critical path method (CPM) scheduling experience using Primavera P6. The Junior Project Planner/Scheduler will report to the Lean Planner.
The Junior Planner/Scheduler will be responsible for data entry in Primavera 6, including schedule development, maintenance, progress measurement, change management implementation, monitoring, and analysis of a program-wide scheduleon a major project that will involve land acquisitions and surveys. The candidate will understand policies, methods, and procedures that includes planning & scheduling techniques, Risk Analysis and Risk Management. Experience with industry standard best practices using Primavera P6. Preferred candidate will have experience with transportation projects with the ability to read and interpret construction drawings and contract specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in implementing project planning and scheduling strategy, plans and procedures.
- Assist in coordinating the development and implementation of project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structures (CBS) in coordination with Project Leads, Cost Engineers, and Contractor Project Leads.
- Prepare contract time determinations based on plans and specifications
- Prepare cost and/or resource loaded planning schedules
- Assist in evaluating baseline and monthly schedule submittals for compliance with contract specifications. Evaluating deviations from the baseline
- Monitor and track construction schedule progress by conducting project schedule analysis, critical path analysis and schedule risk analysis.
- Identify schedule activities that control the overall construction time or project’s critical path
- Identify and measure the impact changes have on project schedules by conducting time impact analyses (TIA)
- Provide recommendations to resolve the time, scope, and cost aspects of project changes or delays
- Prepare technical reports to communicate findings and recommendation.
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have experience using Primavera P6
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of schedule analyzing software
- Experience with cost and resource loading of schedules
- Experience with technical writing and report preparation, graphic presentation skill required
- Practical knowledge of transportation construction concepts
- Ability to work with limited direction and oversight
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good presentation and interpersonal communication skills (written and oral)
- Work closely with various disciplines.
- Work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or comparable field preferred(other degree and/or experience will be considered in lieu of degree)
- Primavera P6 experience required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in scheduling with emphasis on transportation projects
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee Events
- Vacation/paid time off