Doka is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group
and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Summary of Position:
The Technician is responsible for producing AutoCAD drawings and material lists that represent the proper use of Doka USA concrete forming equipment for customers. He/she provides design and technical assistance to the sales department from the preliminary stage of a project to its completion. This position reports to the Engineering Manager of the local branch.
- Works with sales to produce AutoCAD drawings during the proposal stage of a project and finalizes working drawings for site use.
- Ensures that the drawings indicate the proper use of Doka USA forming equipment and represent safe, economical, and efficient designs.
- Has an understanding of the general application and use of concrete formwork systems.
- Provides material lists for quotations and shipments to the site.
- Ensures that the work is designed using available inventory and conforms to contractual guidelines.
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions:
- Participates in job site visits. Identifies any improper implementation and can take action insuring corrective measures are immediately implemented.
- Other duties/projects as assigned, such as participating in various company committees/teams.
- Ensures safe working practices and a safe working environment.
- HS Graduate or equivalent technical school education.
- Associate’s Degree in technical education (engineering, construction, design) a plus.
- Experienced in AutoCAD and computer applications including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint a plus.
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical and effective problem solving skills, technical proficiency.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Organized team player able to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
This position requires the ability to support the engineering team within the office.
Extensive daily interaction with internal colleagues, management and customers.
Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to be organized and manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions vary from that of an office environment: dry, cool, well lighted, to outside conditions (equipment yard or job site), high noise level in certain areas, extreme outdoor temperatures.
Doka offers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life insurance, 401k retirement plan (Roth and Non-Roth), AFLAC policies, paid time off (sick/personal, vacation, floating holiday and company paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join as a Junior Project Technician / Entry Level CAD Drafter in Doka's Northeast Branch Engineering Team in Little Ferry, New Jersey.
If joining an industry leader excites you, please submit your resume with salary history and requirements by clicking below.
Visit us on-line atwww.dokausa.com for additional information on Doka USA, Ltd.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of the Umdasch Group
External candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.