At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Junior Quality Control Inspector will perform visual and dimensional inspection functions using inspection equipment, microscopes, and gauges for part dimensions. The individual must be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment.
Hours: 11:00 AM – 7:30 AM
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow all inspection standard operating procedures outlined in Globus Medical’s quality policy
- Inspect incoming finished parts for accuracy to the drawing per the part’s inspection sheet. This inspection includes some of the following:
- Dimensional features per drawing’s dimensions and tolerances using inspection equipment and gauges as outlined per inspection sheet.
- Verify visual features of finish and etching
- Maintain accurate documentation per departmental procedures.
- Interface with engineering staff as needed
- Ability to comprehend product drawings and interpret dimensional and functional specifications
- Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years of experience
- Knowledge of CMM and Video Measuring equipment; Calibration experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.