What we’re looking for…
- We are looking for ambitious entry level and/or experienced individuals with a passion to learn and grow with one of the industry’s leading logistics provider.
- What are you waiting for? Join our growing team and jump start your career in sales!
What we can offer you:
- No experience? No problem. Come experience your dream job with the best in the business!
- We offer a specialized sales training program for all new hires. All Sales Trainees will be enrolled in OEC Group’s “Freight School” for one week to learn the basic principles of international logistics.
- After you have mastered the basics, OEC Group’s top gun sales will teach you the art of selling!
Base Salary + Uncapped Commission
Base salary along with commission, extra sales benefits include: monthly car allowance, cell phone, laptop and company expense account.
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in New York and branches throughout Asia, North America, and Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market. OEC Group provides our customers with import and export services, as well as, door-to-door services for both international and domestic needs. We remain competitive by offering a wide range of logistics services, including: ocean and air freight, rail, trucking, warehousing and distribution, customs brokerage, cargo insurance and more.
Perks & Benefits of OEC Group
After successfully completing and passing a standard 90-day introductory period the employee is provided with the following benefits package. This includes:
- Individual Health Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental and Vision) – Paid for by the company
- Life and Accidental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation/ Personal/ Floating Days
- After 1 full year of employment: 401K Plan with up to 3% company match
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a well-established company that is continually growing and looking for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, and team building activities! Here at OEC we identify the following to be our 5 main Core Values:
- People Make OEC: We value our people and the relationships in OEC where we always grow and support each other as a unified team.
- We Care so We Share: We care about people's interests and happiness, so we share valuable resources and celebrate success together.
- Customer Driven: We are driven to help both our internal and external customers succeed. In every interaction and with every service, we act in our customers' best interests - striving to understand their needs and exceed their expectations.
- Passion: Passion is at the heart of OEC. We have passion for our work, our wins, and being accountable in everyday tasks.
- Change to Improve: We believe change is essential for growth. Continuous improvement brings OEC and our people to a better future.
About the Position Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Forming a customer base by cold calling, issuing quotes, preparing bids and making formal presentations to prospective customers.
- Developing relationships with customers and generating new business.
- Soliciting OEC Group's services including Ocean Import, Air Import, Ocean Export, Air Export, Distribution & Warehousing, LTL Transportation and Cargo Insurance and Customs Brokerage.
- Responsible for meeting monthly quotas set by Sales Management.
- Coordinates with the Accounts Receivable Department to ensure that customer payments are received.
- Monitors and follow up on prospective customers by updating leads through the CRM Sugar.
- Maintaining constant communication with internal departments and overseas offices.
Itasca Office 8:00 am – 5:00 pm CST
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will cover a geographic area surrounding the OEC Group office the candidate has been hired for. The role requires having reliable transportation at the time of hire.
Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For Sales, required to speak, hear, walk, and to sit for long periods of time, including traveling for sales meetings.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.