Print NW is looking for a skilledJunior Software Developer. We are looking for a candidate who is a self-motivated problem solver, willing to take on various duties such as software development, maintenance, installation, testing and monitoring various applications associated with our production system (EFI Pace). Candidates must be equally inclined to produce work on front end as well as back end projects.
This is a full-time remote position. Pay will depend on experience, ranging in salary from $45,000-$55,000 per year. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to multi-task and capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously from research through the process of implementation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing, building, customizing, and testing software upgrades and modifications
- Conducting research which will serve to aid in the development and designing and modifying enterprise-wide systems and applications
- Evaluating the interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics within the overall systems
- Documenting and testing maintenance of system corrections
- Supporting, developing, executing, and validating with other members of the software team
- Additional responsibilities to be determined
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but additional experience may be substituted
- Proficiency in PHP
- Knowledge of MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience in developing web-based systems from dynamic results of a relational database
- A programmer who is capable of researching, developing, testing and implementing solutions
- Ability to work Remotely
Desired Additional Qualifications
- Knowledge based experience with EFI Pace
- A vast understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Ability to work independently while still proving to be effective within a team setting
- Ability to manage a project from start to end
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications, and experience working in a home office setting as well as the ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone, with professional etiquette. Previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Great problem-solving skills: ability to visualize a problem/situation and think abstractly to solve it
BENEFITS:Full time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability the first of the month following 30 days of employment. We offer a 401k with company the first day of the quarter following 6 months of employment. Full time employees begin earning 10 days of PTO upon hire and are eligible to use paid time off after their 90-day probationary period. We are a family organization with opportunities for growth and development.
WHO WE ARE: PRINT NW is the largest commercial printer in South Sound and the seventh largest in Washington State. Our growth is due to industry diversification, a terrific workforce, forward thinking technology investments, and a blend of employee experience and energy. We focus on adapting and listening to our client's needs. We are adamant about employing competitive market strategies and improving manufacturing function and form. We are constantly developing new products and services to meet customer-changing needs.
Print NW provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Print NW complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Upon job offer all Print NW employees complete a drug screen and criminal background check. Print NW is required to participate in the federal government's E-Verify program and confirms employment eligibility upon commencement of employment.