Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Junior Software Engineer in Huntsville. At MTSI, our more than 1,200 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cyber security, space and homeland defense.
Join MTSI this year in celebrating our 27th consecutive year in business and consecutive growth. Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. All new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
MTSI is seeking a Junior Software Developer to join a high-performing team supporting a DoD program analyzing the next generation flight control software for airborne EO/IR sensors.
- 2+ years of software engineering / development experience, to include recent experience in agile software engineering environments.
- Demonstrable skill in one or more high-level object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++).
- Interest and some knowledge of modeling and simulation concepts (discrete-event, stochastic variables, Monte Carlo analysis, etc.).
- Must work well in a team environment and have the ability to interact with data suppliers and customers.
- Able to work both independently and in a collaborative environment in order to provide required functionality/analysis and meet timelines.
- Ability to communicate and explain complex technical issues and provide comprehensive results and analysis in both written and oral presentations.
- Must possess good analytic skills and the ability to apply these skills in a multi-tasking environment where more than one project may require your participation at any given time.
- Experience working with a simulation framework or environment is highly desired.
- A full understanding and experience developing software utilizing the full software development lifecycle process.
- Understanding of model-based system engineering methodology and corresponding tools.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- B.S. in engineering, computer science, software engineering, or mathematics. Master’s degree preferred.
- An active secret clearance is required.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.