Junior Sous Chef at The Roof Restaurant. Supervises shifts in Roof kitchen. Runs department in absence of department heads. Is competent in every station of the kitchen, all prep work, and most cookery principles. Teaches all stations.
Tile floor kitchens, multiple floors, freezers, refrigerators, stairs, kitchen ranges and ovens. Narrow passageways. Hot, cold and noisy. On feet for the entire shift. Lots of lifting and moving. Fast paced.
SKILL, EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. The qualifications for this position are normally obtained from at least three years experience or the equivalent Culinary Degree, as a cook in a restaurant or catering business similar to those run by the Corporation. Possesses strong buffet skills.
2. Good knowledge of American and European cookery principles. Produces all sauces and menu items used in the kitchen.
3. Neat and clean in appearance.
4. Non-smoker on the job.
5. Able to move up to 50 pounds in weight.
6. Able to communicate in English with employees.
7. Able to understand and carry out simultaneous instructions in noisy environment.
8. Able to move fast and energetically.
9. Has Utah Food Handler Permit. ServeSafe preferred.
10. Has advanced manual dexterity to use knives and other kitchen implements in food preparation. Turns vegetables. Chops fast and accurately. Has reasonable butchery skills.
11. Reads and understands any menu or recipe used in department.
12. Owns knives and tools.
13. People and leadership skills are somewhat developed.
14. Exhibits initiative to get all tasks on shift completed in a timely manner and to standard.
1. Responsible for successful operation of assigned shifts. Meets with guests as needed.
2. Ensures that kitchen food cost and labor costs meet budget for assigned shifts.
3. Ensures that all items are prepared and served in a timely manner and to specification on assigned shifts.
4. Competent in all stations in department.
5. Runs shifts in accordance with mission and values of the Corporation.
6. Leads by example and ensures that all company values, standards of operations, Board of Health and other safety standards, human resources standards, and internal controls are met on assigned shifts.
7. Trains and instructs at all stations as needed. Encourages learning and apprentices.
8. Reads and cooks all recipes in use in department.
9. Assigns duties to ensure all work is completed on assigned shifts, including calling-in staff to cover work.
10. Ensures refrigerators are clean and restocked on assigned shifts.
11. Maintains a hygienic workstation and product for department.
12. Moves food, materials, and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
13. Regular attendance is required in a timely manner.
14. Is an example to staff in courteous and hospitable treatment of guests and employees alike at all times.
15. Adheres to and champions all Board of Health regulations and practices.
16. Assists department head in selection, training, coaching, and evaluation of staff.
17. Keeps area, equipment, work surfaces, and tools clean and sanitized. Takes responsibility to ensure general work area is clean and safe.
18. Cleans up after self and at end of shift, which could be as late as 11:00 pm or 12 Midnight. Always works safely.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Performs other duties as directed or as needed.
2. Runs department in absence of the department head.
Management reserves the right to change job descriptions at will.