Internet Brands, Inc. is currently seeking a web-savvy Junior Project Manager to join our NOLO.com team. This is an excellent opportunity to use your skills in software project management and web technologies while working on high traffic, consumer-facing websites and consumer software.
- General management of web projects.
- Work with product, business and development to effectively drive projects from concept to launch.
- Work with internal development team to execute against requirements.
- Ensure projects are launched according to published schedules.
- Keep business owners up to date on project status and potential issues.
- Resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause schedule delays.
- Enhance project management process to accommodate rapidly changing software needs.
- Help mentor junior project managers in terms of SDLC, agile processes, and technical skills.
- 1-3 years of experience in a web project coordinator or manager role, or equivalent experience leading development teams.
- Understanding of project processes (scheduling, documentation, risk analysis, and contingency planning).
- Strong understanding of development process, including development, testing, and deployment, as well as work breakdown, dependencies, responsibilities (full SDLC).
- Working experience with highly customizable/configurable CMS highly preferred (eg. Drupal).
- Proficiency in AGILE/SCRUM methodologies.
- Understanding and experience in UI/UX best practices.
- Strong understanding of Search Engine Optimization/Marketing principles and best practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to use/manage project management tracking/reporting tools (eg. JIRA/Greenhopper).
- Ability to wireframe/mock up solutions (eg. Axure, Balsamiq, invisionapp).
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills.
- Highly analytical, logical, and good problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff.
- Consumer facing web company experience is a plus.
- Consumer facing windows desktop application experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, Adobe creative suite a plus.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for almost 15 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and flip flops. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
To apply, please visit: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=2161
Internet Brands, Inc. and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Project Manager, PM, Technical PM, Web Project Manager, PM, Online, Internet, SaaS, Development, Los Angeles