Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Granite Telecommunications is seeking an analytical, customer-service oriented professional to fill the role of Junior Telephony Engineer within our IT Division. The Junior Telephony Engineer will assist in the configuration, provisioning and troubleshooting of the Metaswitch/VoIP Network. This person will work closely with both customers and vendors in resolving issues and turning up new features/products. They will also assist engineers in upgrades, security audits and any other core configurations.
A successful candidate must have demonstrated skills as a problem solver, troubleshooter, and customer advocate. Candidates must be resourceful and research answers to daily networking and telephony problems. Our top priority is customer satisfaction, professionalism, and the ability to work independently. Communication skills and team fit are highly valued. This position will report directly to a Manager within IT.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Establishes telecommunications network performance by installing voice and data networks, communications software, equipment, and network facilities.
- Assures network performance by designing and developing test cases and plans; identifying failures and causes of failures; developing solutions.
- Maintains telecommunications and data network performance by repairing equipment and network software.
- Optimizes telecommunications network performance by researching software and equipment.
- Maintains records by documenting procedures used.
- Helps prepare reports by collecting information.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Nights and Weekends support required
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Engineering related major preferred and/or Related technical certifications
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience with Metaswitch
- Basic Networking skills