The Junior Test Engineer role assists their Development Team to deliver products with outstanding quality. You will support your team’s development and testing processes by developing knowledge of the Liferay product line and use cases, writing and executing resilient and effective test cases and plans, performing effective root cause analysis, and participating in team planning and grooming sessions.
The ideal candidate for the Junior Test Engineer role has some experience testing web applications, is resourceful, independent, flexible, has high intellectual curiosity, and has a spirit that is humble and eager to learn. Candidates for this role should be very comfortable with using a computer, willing to ask questions, and capable of quickly learning basic testing tools, workflows, and following directions.
What you’ll do
- Communicate effectively with Test Lead to understand priorities and goals
- Write Test Cases and Plans for new features based on established risk profiles and use cases
- Develop and update automated or manual test cases as needed
- Execute test cases as needed
- Work directly with developers throughout the development process, providing support for development efforts from pull request to final merge
- Write clear, concise, and thoroughly investigated defect reports
- Perform root cause analysis research and effectively present findings to the cross functional team
- Work with Continuous Integration tooling and processes
What you need to succeed and grow
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to break down complex problems
- A willingness to continuously learn and get better
- Strong self-management and organizational skills
- Experience developing automated tests (e.g. Webdriver, Cucumber, etc.) following maintainable design patterns (e.g. Page Object, etc.) using common scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Git and related experience working with Github
- Experience testing web applications a plus
Liferay is a uniquely profitable open source software company with 850+ fiery-eyed employees scattered across the known world. Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform which companies like HP, Barclays, and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees. Along with making cool software, we have a greater-than-profit vision that fuels us. We give employees 5 days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run.