Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is the Global Leader in the delivery of project management, engineering, consulting and technical services to energy and built environment customers. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion!
Our Boston Regional Office is looking for a Junior to Mid-level Civil/Environmental Engineer to join the team based in our Providence Rhode Island office. Our local team takes pride in maintaining a small family like environment and we offer a comfortable and supportive culture, comprised of knowledgeable and skilled staff.
The ideal candidate would be motivated, 0- to 5-year Civil Engineer with interest in supporting projects involving site civil design with an emphasis on land development projects, including planning, engineering design and permitting, and construction oversight.
We are in a prime location right in Providence, close to restaurants, shopping and other activities that support a work/life balance. We realize that our people are what make us known in the Industry and recognized for delivering high quality and technical excellence. If you want to be a part of a dedicated and brilliant team, we’d love to hear from you!
- Perform routine aspects of engineering design work requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles, practices, and techniques commonly employed in the site development process under close supervision
- Participate in planning and scheduling for assigned projects
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Prepare feasibility studies and other engineering reports under close supervision, and
- Observe construction of land development projects
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering
- EIT preferred but not required
- 0-5 years of experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD/Civil 3D software, HydroCAD, and Hydraflow a plus
- Familiarity with site design including transportation, utility, grading and drainage design a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational abilities and flexibility in responsibilities
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in New England Area
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if required
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training a plus
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.