Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions' Salt Lake City, UT team has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Roadway Engineer / Designer interested in opportunities for career growth. You will play a key role in expanding the capabilities of growing the transportation group in Salt Lake City. The ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, a commitment to delivering a quality product and a desire for career growth.
- Will serve in a technical role working under the direction of a Project Manager in development of roadway construction plans for a wide range of highway design projects
- Will prepare detailed roadway designs for highway projects in compliance with UDOT Roadway Design Manual of Instruction and standards
- Coordinate survey, grading, drainage and utilities
- Develop and write reports
- Will utilize MicroStation and InRoads for roadway design
- Will work with other team members on large, multi-discipline projects
- Assists in developing marketing proposals
- Will travel to project sites and potentially to other Wood offices. Approximately 10% overnight travel
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering
- 2-3 years of experience in roadway design
- Prior work experience in developing UDOT roadway plans according to the Project Delivery Network and a thorough knowledge of applicable design, plan preparation and CADD standards
- Strong technical capability in transportation engineering
- Demonstrated working knowledge in MicroStation, InRoads and MS Office is required
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with other team members on large, multi-discipline projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel. Approximately 10% overnight travel
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.