Assist in directing and managing the campus extracurricular athletic program. Assist in providing instruction and coaching students to develop skills and ability to excel in sport(s) assigned. Contribute to education program as a whole and to growth of students involved in athletics.
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Current automated external (AED) defibrillator certificate
Knowledge of coaching techniques, strategies, and procedures
Knowledge of University Interscholastic League (UIL) rules and regulations
Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes
Ability to interpret data
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Minimum of 3 years of experience as a coach
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Program Planning and Instruction
1. Direct and manage assigned athletic programs and facilities at assigned campus.
2. Assist in using a variety of instructional techniques and media to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, and good sportsmanship and to improve the abilities of student athletes in the sport(s) assigned.
3. Assist with working with other members of school staff to plan and implement instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
4. Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extracurricular activity participation. Compile report for Central Athletics.
5. Take all necessary precautions to protect student athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
6. Work with campus coordinator and athletic director to schedule competitions and coordinate arrangements for any necessary playoff games.
7. Assist in ensuring compliance with all UIL rules, including compliance meetings and end of season meetings.
8. Assist in evaluations of head coaches in assigned sports.
9. Manage all campus-based Booster Clubs, according to assigned sports.
10. Organize and schedule all summer camps for your assigned campus.
11. Plan and organize all signing day activities for your assigned campus.
12. Accompany and supervise student athletes during athletic competitions both at-home and on out-of-town trips.
13. Instruct and advise students on National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) regulations with regard to academic requirements for scholarships and recruiting practices.
14. Apply and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off school property in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
15. Encourage, by example and through instruction, sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation.
16. Assist in overseeing the planning and execution of athletic banquets and award presentations on the assigned campus.
17. Assist in supervising and leading the Campus Leadership Council to ensure student leadership on campus.
18. Establish and maintain open communication with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
19. Oversee the proper care and maintenance of all campus athletic fields, facilities, and equipment including the cleaning, sanitizing, repairing, and storing of equipment and make recommendations for repair and replacement when appropriate. Ensure facilities are locked and secured each day.
20. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required by Central Athletics and Prosper ISD.
21. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
22. Monitor and evaluate sub-varsity programs/coaches of assigned sports.
23. Monitor middle school alignment of assigned sports, if applicable.
24. Responsible for being a strong quality leader for the entire campus coaching staffs, including, but not limited to the assigned sports above and helping them to grow into their potential through mentoring and constructive feedback.
25. Direct the work of assigned coaches on assigned campus.
26. Assist in the interviewing and hiring process for new coaches of assigned sports.
27. Responsible for assisting with coaching assignments of all Assistants with Campus Coordinator and Central Athletics approval, including time frames for assistant coaches in multiple sports.
28. Attend weekly practices of assigned sports, when possible.
29. Attend home events, all crosstown games, all playoff games/series, Regional/State events, and end of season sports banquets of assigned sports.
30. Attend the first level of parent conferences of all sports.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Athletic equipment, standard office equipment including computer and peripherals and other instructional equipment; automated external defibrillator (AED)
Posture: Prolonged sitting and standing; occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, stooping
Motion: Frequent walking; repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; frequent driving
Lifting: Frequently light lifting (less than15 pounds); occasional moderate lifting and carrying (15-44 pounds)
Environment: Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather) and inside; frequent exposure to noise; frequent districtwide and statewide travel
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; frequent prolonged and irregular hours