Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Water Resources Engineer (EI) with approximately between 0 – 6 years of experience to join our team in Austin, TX. This is a unique opportunity to begin or advance your career with a well-established yet growing water resources practice focusing on FEMA RiskMAP, Floodplain/Watershed, Flood Mitigation, and Stormwater Studies in the Texas region.
Wood’s Environment & Infrastructure Solutions business includes engineering, environmental, and information management consulting. This business has an extensive global footprint across the US, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia and Latin America to support customer needs across the power, government, industrial, mining, transportation, pharmaceutical, water, and oil & gas sectors.
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We provide the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
- Will conduct field investigations on various projects including but not limited to: dam safety inspections, hydrology and hydraulic evaluations, and levee inspections for our municipal, state and federal government clients
- Will perform engineering calculations including hydrologic and hydraulic modelling tasks for a variety of water resources projects including dams, levee systems, watershed & floodplain studies, streambank stabilization, stormwater systems, and water/wastewater systems
- Will assist in FEMA RiskMAP studies
- Assist in the design of water, wastewater, and stormwater systems
- Assist in the collection, monitoring, analysis, and design of environmental systems
- Produce written and oral reports
- Will work under the guidance and mentorship of senior engineers
- Will supervise technicians as needed
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil, Agricultural, or Environmental Engineering required.
- EIT Certification
- 0-6 years’ experience
- The desire to begin and/or advance a career in FEMA RiskMAP, Floodplain/Watershed Studies, Flood Mitigation, and Municipal Stormwater Studies.
- Preferred Engineering Software experience (any):
- USACE HEC Programs (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, etc.), Riverware, etc
- EPA-SWMM, PC-SWMM, Innovyze Products, etc.
- Infowater, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS, WaterCAD, etc.
- MODFLOW & etc.
- 2-Dimentional Flow Modelling (RiverFlow2D, FLO-2D, Flow2D, etc.)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) (Flow3D, Fluent, etc.)
- Open Channel
- Water Distribution Modelling
- Groundwater Modelling
- Specialty Software/Skills
- Geographical Information Systems experience such as ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, Manifold, etc.
- Great technical writing and communication skills
- Must pass a drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving (MVR) policy
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, C++, Java, and etc. a plus - Particularly in the development of scientific data analyses
- Advanced GIS experience such as Model Builder, Python, and advanced analysis tools (Spatial & 3D Analyst) a plus
- Familiar with the engineering markets and experience within the Texas Region
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.