Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an excellent career opportunity for a Junior Water Resources Engineer with our Salt Lake City, Utah team. This individual will perform hydrologic and hydraulic modelling tasks for a variety of water resource projects. Will conduct field investigations on a variety of projects ranging from dam inspections to environmental remediations for local, state and federal agencies. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
- Will conduct field investigations on various projects including but not limited to: dam safety inspections, hydrology and hydraulic evaluations and levee inspections for our municipal, state and federal government clients
- Will perform engineering calculations including hydrologic and hydraulic modelling tasks for a variety of water resources projects including dams, levee systems, watershed & floodplain studies, streambank stabilization and stormwater systems
- Assist in analysis and design studies and produce written and oral reports
- Will work under the guidance and mentorship of senior engineers
- Will supervise technicians as needed
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering required
- EIT Certification
- 0-3 years + experience
- Preferred Software experience:
- USACE HEC Programs (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, etc), SWMM, 2-Dimensional Flow Modelling, ESRI ArcGIS, and CADD
- Technical writing and communication skills
- Must pass a drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving (MVR) policy
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.