- Basic Function
The City of Coppell Municipal Court Juvenile Case Manager/Deputy Court Clerk has various responsibilities. As a Juvenile Case Manager, this position is responsible for overseeing all juvenile cases filed in the court. As a Deputy Court Clerk, this position is responsible for the administration and fiscal aspects related to the entry and disposition of all matters before the City of Coppell Municipal Court. The Juvenile Case Manager/Deputy Court Clerk will have direct contact with defendants in non-contested cases and may assist with preparing paperwork related to trial administration.
- Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for all juvenile/minor cases under 16 years of age, from filing to final judgment.
- Oversee the court's juvenile programs.
- Process all correspondence directed to the Court, greet visitors, assist defendants, and answer/screen all telephone calls.
- Prepare and process required legal and financial paperwork, file materials, and correspondence related to case intake and disposition.
- Arrange court dates and coordinate the scheduling and rescheduling of cases.
- Prepare court dockets; distribute copies of relevant documents to all involved parties.
- Perform periodic duties related to contested and non-contested case docket.
- Post daily payments, balance cash drawer, and prepare daily bank deposits.
- Update and maintain master list of community service locations and their contacts; exploit possible new locations for community service.
- Visit community service locations to ensure volunteers are performing assigned duties.
- Perform other related duties as requested, assigned or instructed.
- City of Coppell Core Competencies
Knowledge and ability to correctly apply professional/specialized expertise; skillfully manage information; properly use tools, equipment and technology; effectively allocate resources; proactively identify and resolve issues; consistently make sound decisions; correctly execute policy processes and procedures; strictly adhere to/enforce safety polices; consistently produce quality results; proactively plan and organize; consistently provide exceptional customer service.
Motivation of Self & Others: We demonstrate a core desire to serve the Public and the Organization through our commitment, passion, initiative and drive.
Leadership of Self & Others: We motivate, inspire and influence others to strive towards excellence by being participatory, positive, accountable, team focused, influential in goal achievement, and empowering.
Service -Oriented: We behave in a friendly and professional manner centering on a desire to address the needs of internal and external customers while respecting their rights and dignity by being people-oriented, helpful, understanding and compassionate.
Trustworthy: We earn the confidence of others by demonstrating both the character and the competence to fulfill our obligations with both integrity and honesty along with ethical, credible behavior.
Relational: We establish trust, cooperation, mutual respect and support with an objective to improve relationships by valuing diversity and being diplomatic/tactful, cooperative, empathetic, broadminded, flexible, respectful and compassionate/caring.
Communication: We exchange information and ideas in a manner which results in mutually supported decisions for the greater good by sharing thoughts & feelings, and through persuasiveness, assertiveness, empathic listening, conflict resolution and deliberating/debating.
Emotional Maturity: We demonstrate the ability to manage and monitor our emotions and to assess the emotional state of others by understanding stress management, balance and consistency.
Development of Self & Others: We are committed to improving the knowledge, skills, personal qualifications and performance of ourselves and others through coaching, counseling/discipline, delegation and self-development.
Organizational Awareness: We are aware of the Organization's structure and culture for how we do business by understanding organizational structure, departmental impact on organization, interdepartmental relations, organizational culture, organizational development and leadership style.
Global Awareness: We stay informed of issues and trends that may impact the Organization by understanding intergovernmental relations, political awareness, and media/public relations.
Community Awareness: We have a sense of the community's culture and its impact on service delivery by understanding purpose of service, citizen/stakeholder expectations, demographics and branding.
Professional Insight: We thoroughly understand our particular professions and apply the principles and ethics required in the professions' service delivery by applying principles, professional ethics and by understanding futuring/profession trends, legal implications and resource planning.
Innovation: We successfully implement ideas that improve and/or add value to service delivery through creative thinking, risk taking, continuous improvement and by being quality minded and a change agent.
Critical Thinking: We actively and skillfully conceptualize, apply, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information to reach a sound answer or conclusion by understanding issue/problem identification, analysis, consequences, and by balancing decision factors.
Visioning: We understand the future direction of the Organization and understand the efforts and processes needed to achieve it through goal setting and by following the mission/values.
- Minimum Requirements
The Municipal Court Juvenile Case Manager/Deputy Court Clerk must have general knowledge of the law and criminal procedures, specifically in the case of minors. This employee must have excellent working knowledge of a personal computer and effective record keeping and filing techniques.
The Municipal Court Juvenile Case Manager/Deputy Court Clerk must be able to work closely with others as part of a team of court officials. The Coordinator must perform multiple tasks simultaneously, which include direct contact with the general public and operating under strict time pressures. This employee frequently interacts with the general public and must have the ability to communicate using the English language verbally and in written correspondence. The ability to remain calm and apply rational thinking in emergency situations is essential.
- This employee must possess a high school diploma or equivalent education.
- Two (2) years of experience as a juvenile case manager or juvenile caseworker.
- Two (2) years of cash handling experience is required.
- Two (2) years of customer service experience is required.
- Two (2) years of court experience is preferred.
- Level I Court Clerk Certification is required, or ability to obtain within two (2) years of employment.
Overall Job Objective