Elementary School/Middle School Teaching/Art
Carrollton Public School
Carrollton Public Schools-website
SUMMARY OF POSITION: A caring, certified elementary school teacher, with knowledge of, and experience in teaching using a holistic approach to learning. The teacher shall understand and be able to apply principles of cooperative learning and have an understanding of the Michigan Standards of Quality for teaching. This position includes travel between Shared Time buildings.
COMPENSATION: $30,000 - $35,000
- Shall provide and utilize instructional plans, strategies, methods, materials and techniques that best meet the needs of individual students.
- Shall provide the leadership and direction of classroom aides working with students.
- Shall be responsible for the maintenance, disciplinary and instructional activities in the classroom, in transit and in other school settings where no other professional is in charge.
- Familiar with Standards Based Grading.
- Comfortable instructing in the arts.
- In-depth understanding of elementary school students.
- Shall make appropriate referrals.
- Shall participate in IEP’s when needed.
- Shall meet with parents at scheduled conferences.
- Shall attend required workshops and inservices.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- To keep all student, parent, and staff information confidential.
- To keep a positive attitude in working with students, parents, other staff members, and community members who visit Carrollton Public Schools facilities or programs.
- Demonstrate a competency in technology.
- Cooperate with teachers, students and administration.
- Ability and willingness to provide behavioral modifications when needed.
- Must be able to lift and restrain students when necessary.
- To ensure a safe environment for students at all times.
- To meet and great visitors in a positive, helpful manner.
- Must be willing to receive additional training to improve job skills.
- Other duties as assigned by the building principal.
- To maintain daily lesson plans.
- To use proper phone etiquette at all times.
- Other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Coaching positions are available.
- Show an interest in after school activities.
- Must be certified by the State of Michigan in Fine Arts for elementary grades K-8.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to work well with staff, parents and students.
- Must be willing to receive additional training to improve job skills. Must demonstrate competency in the classroom. Must satisfactorily pass: Law enforcement background check and personal and professional reference background check and receive a satisfactory response to P.A. 189 letter (Misconduct Law).
CLOSING DATE: Until position is filled
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disability Act of 1990, and the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act of 1977, it is the policy of the Carrollton Public School District that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, disability, height, weight, or marital status be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to, discrimination during any program, activity, service or in employment. For information, inquiries, or to file a complaint, contact the Superintendent of Carrollton Public Schools at PO Box 517, Carrollton, MI 48724. (989) 754-1475
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER