Can you make a difference?
*SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE*
The Albany Community Charter School is seeking an experienced K-8 ESL Teacher. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for the mission of Albany Community Charter School, an understanding and respect for the culture of all students and their families, and a desire for working in a school setting that fosters a love for children. The ESL Teacher is passionate about helping our English Language Learners become proficient in the English language and be able to access their grade-level curriculum. The ESL Teacher holds primary responsibility for designing and implementing direct ESL instruction and collaborating with teachers to provide English language support in other content areas.
Elementary Teacher Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer diagnostic and state mandated assessments of English Language Learners.
- Evaluate, determine goals for and track progress of individual English language learners, and communicate with faculty, students and families.
- Maintain ELL records in accordance with state standards.
- Provide direct ESL instruction to small groups of students and/or provide inclusion support for ELA classes containing ELL students, based on case load.
- Work specifically with ELL students during assigned periods of the day on helping to access general education curriculum and build ELA skills.
- Advise teachers on modifying/accommodating curriculum for ELL students and share best practices to ensure high quality sheltered content instruction is provided.
- Create a positive, structured learning environment to ensure that students observe the school’s core values, high expectations, and strict code of conduct.
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices.
- Focus constantly on student learning, thinking critically and strategically to respond to student learning needs.
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues. Engage families in their children’s education.
- Commit to continual professional growth, participating actively in department meetings, faculty meetings, and other meetings.
Elementary Teacher Qualification, Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- A dedication and commitment to the mission of ACCS
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred
- Certification is *required*
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience is required
- 2 – 5 years teaching experience in an urban school setting is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We offer competitive salaries with performance-based bonuses, a comprehensive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k). A low student-teacher ratio in a co-teaching model, and a family like environment. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.albanycommunitycs.org
To be considered, interested applicants must apply online or submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. ACCS is an EOE.
Job Location: Albany, New York, United States