Director, Kimberly Clark Professional (KCP) Global Procurement Director B2B
Location Roswell, Georgia
Summary of Position: (Strategic Intent)
Strategic procurement leader for the Global B2B businesses ensuring key objectives are met to support the business plans. Provide leadership, direction, and oversight such that procurement strategies are developed and executed for the procurement spend of direct material and service spends encompassing the global K-C Professional business.
Organization: People Responsibilities/ Reporting Line / Partnerships
The role reports to the VP of Global KCP Supply Chain and supports the sourcing and supply needs for major direct materials, services and outsourced products aggregated globally and leveraged for scale to benefit the total enterprise.
- Leader collaborates with KCP business leaders, Supply Chain leaders, Corporate Innovation, P&TD and the Global Sourcing teams. working across broad global vendor base.
- Total Cost of Sales impacted is approximately $2.2B.
- Manages a team of 15-20 procurement professionals.
- Manages key relationships with KCP suppliers as part of an integrated and collaborative multifunctional team.
- Directly manages dedicated teams focused on global Waste paper sourcing ($200mm) and External Contract manufacturing ($350mm).
- Align with business objectives and priorities by integrating team members and promoting a cross-functional, multi-discipline Supply Management Team approach to all spend for B2B businesses.
- Lead breakthrough value creation for the business by co-developing and implementing initiatives with the business.
- Harness and leverage the power/influence of the category leader roles.
- Direct, manage and lead teams responsible for the procurement of globally leveraged direct materials and services such that supply needs are fulfilled with the optimum quality, service, delivery, and cost to use, which are consistent with the needs of internal customers, and meet short and long-term requirements.
- Responsible for the procurement of contract manufactured products in support of the B2B based businesses where scope is frequently global. Ensure needs are fulfilled with the optimum quality, service, delivery, and cost to use, which are consistent with the needs of internal customers, and meet short and long-term requirements.
- Ensure appropriate Supply Management Teams function with a global perspective or facilitate / lead the establishment of global teams as needed.
- Ensure specific project or supplier strategies are established on all major categories to consistently meet specifications, avoid supply interruptions, provide flexibility, mitigate risks, minimize K-C internal resources to manage supply and provide cost and / or product advantages.
- Establish and manage relationships with suppliers who can provide K-C with technology innovations, speed to market, continuously improved quality and overall supply value for growth and improved financial returns.
- Manage communications between K-C suppliers, internal customers and Procurement to ensure needs of the business sectors are met on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain expertise, and provide advice, counsel and services, as requested, on supplier selection and relationships, negotiating, price and availability forecasting, expediting, and other purchasing problems and situations to other purchasing units and internal business groups worldwide.
- Ensure application of established corporate financial controls within the department by providing operating management direction and support to the implementation and maintenance of financial policies, instructions, and internal control procedures.
- Lead the development, communication and implementation of Global Procurement objectives, operating philosophies, business strategies and organizational visions.
- Shape and sustain an effective, motivated team that delivers desired business results by providing vision and direction, building trust, selecting, coaching and developing team members, leveraging individual abilities and ensuring best practices are utilized.
A broad business, operations or procurement background with college education in a business, supply chain, science, engineering or related discipline.
- Extensive and broad managerial experience in team management.
- Close working relationships with Business Teams and Business Support functions.
- Generally 8-10 years experience in increasingly broader supply chain or product supply roles with demonstrated track record of achievement and growth in leadership.
- Prior experience in managing suppliers in a regulated environment is preferred.
- Technical knowledge of contract negotiation strategies and global contracting nuances.
- Leadership constituency within B2B and across the broader Kimberly-Clark Enterprise.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills, including excellent communications and relationship building.
- Strong skills and experience with diagnosing and resolving complex issues and opportunities within business sourcing models.
- Able to make decisions with limited, but pertinent information to keep performance on track.
- Demonstrated ability to create and lead a case for change including the ability to drive team engagement and the deliver breakthrough value creation.
- Strong and demonstrated capabilities to provide strategic plans and thought leadership for the business and broader enterprise functions.
- Able to be the face of the customer with suppliers and appropriately represent the needs of all internal stakeholders externally.
- Set the gold standard on how Global Procurement can work together with the business to deliver step-change results.
- Experience within Procurement, Customer Demand Driven Supply, Product Supply, and or business support team leadership roles.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization to drive collaboration across businesses and functions.
- Ability to work with multiple diverse cultures.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to develop a high performing team.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.