Key Account Engineer
Why should you join GGB Bearings?
As an EnPro Industries company, GGB are setting the industry standards as the global leader in high performance bearing solutions. We are dedicated to supplying customers worldwide with both standard and customized plain bearings. With over 1,100 employees globally, our dedicated team of experts has the experience and expertise to provide innovative, reliable and effective solutions.
Our deep-rooted culture of safety places a relentless focus on creating a secure, healthy work environment for all. A core value of GGB, safety is critically essential at all levels of business in order to achieve our goal of having the safest employees in the industry. As our safety performance continuously improves, we believe that through leadership commitment and by following a well-defined, proactive safety process, every accident can be prevented.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. As a standard, you will be entitled to:
- A benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance, 401k match at 6%, tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick time, bonus potential, and many more.
- An investment in your personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A working culture based on the Dual Bottom Line philosophy that balances the individual's success and growth on an equal footing to that of the company.
- A company car for professional and personal use.
As a Key Account Engineer at GGB Bearings, you are responsible for profitable growth for your assigned territory across the Midwest, including developing assigned accounts and prospecting for new business. You will establish close contact with all relevant customer purchasing, engineering, quality and manufacturing personnel. You will help customers navigate the large volume of information that they encounter to make informed decisions and use solutions-based selling to meet all customer needs.
Within this position, you will take full ownership of Key Account Engineering, including:
- Penetrates, establishes and maintains relationships through customer organizations.
- Develop key account plans to meet or exceed strategic territory targets
- Ensure customer success and satisfaction through coordination of internal teams.
- Align sales approach to client's learning posture and communication style.
- Assess clients' information needs and assist with the comprehension of the information, including the introduction of tools, resources, and data to make informed decisions.
- Interpret customer drawings to identify opportunities and recommend bearing solutions.
- Ensure all commercial, engineering, technical, and quality issues are addressed and resolved.
- Maintain effective communication with the business units with respect to business trends, marketing conditions, product portfolio, key initiatives, and competitive changes.
- Coordinate and organize visits to plants and technical sites to ensure that customer needs and requirements are being met.
- Stay current on product and manufacturing changes that are internal and external to the organization.
- Develop sales plan, forecasts, and long-term strategic plan based on all available information.
- Ensures contract reviews including warranty, performs detailed customer presentations and supports quality department.
- Participate in achieving applicable corporate and divisional goals and objectives.
- Manage assigned accounts and territory data within the CRM.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering; preferably Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical Engineering.
- 2+ years of demonstrated success in managing a territory and multiple accounts in an outside sales or account management role.
- Experience with the use of a CRM or other sales-based platforms or technologies.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Outlook and Microsoft Office Programs.
What would make you standout?
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Capability to work effectively in a fast pace environment where constructive criticism is encouraged.
- Active listening skills with the ability to ask probing questions.
- Aptitude for pattern recognition and ability to synthesize apparently conflicting information.
- Natural curiosity to seek out information from a variety of sources.
Chicago, Illinois, United States