The Key Account Manager Automotive Tier 1 will be tasked with maintaining and growing a book of business with automotive Tier 1 customers. This person will work from a home office and be in charge of prospecting and business development for new platforms and OEM programs through the Tier 1 customers, price negotiations, and being the technical expert on the product offerings for the customers.
Our client for the Key Account Manager Automotive Tier 1 customers is a global manufacturer and supplier of high performance bearings. This global organization has manufacturing facilities worldwide, along with a highly creative engineering team to help design and create custom products for highly unique applications.
The Key Account Manager Automotive Tier 1 will be tasked with maintaining and growing a book of business with automotive Tier 1 customers. This person will work from a home office and be in charge of prospecting and business development for new platforms and OEM programs through the Tier 1 customers, price negotiations, and being the technical expert on the product offerings for the customers. The Key Account Manager will also have the technical support from the engineering team to discuss high level engineering topics with the customers when needed. The Key Account Manager will also maintain and defend the current book of business with high valued customers.
- Develop new business opportunities with current accounts and new accounts within the automotive tier 1 segment
- Build strong customer relationships and strategic partnerships to assess customer needs and recommend appropriate products
- Achieve and exceed Budget Sales and Gross Margin for your assigned territory
- Ensure all reports, plans, forecasts and administrative requirements are completed accurately and in a timely manner both personally and for the team. Meet all reporting deadlines as are set by senior management
- Identify target segments where market share is low and produce a plan to target and grow sales in each of these segments.
- Identify new and profitable opportunities with existing customers and leverage these to increase profitable sales with them
- Efficiently plan customer facing time and call cycles to maximize time management and diligently complete call reports etc. on CRM
- Work closely and co-operatively with Marketing and Engineering to ensure we maximize opportunities with existing standard products, including Industry Standard Bearings, (ISB's).
- Provide regular and relevant feedback on Market conditions, competitor activities and progress towards business objectives.
- Analyze the current market position, i.e. the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Working with the Marketing team develop marketing material, strategies and justify new project opportunities to support the sales effort
- Ensure continuous improvement in a change oriented culture.
- Develop and deploy the Key Account strategy, supported by individual Key Account plans
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, or related
- Minimum of 3 years of automotive OEM and/or Tier 1 sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments
- Bearings experience is a plus, but must have experience selling automotive components
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Experience working in a global organization preferred
Competitive base salary, bonus up to 40%, home based, company car, credit card, phone, computer, full benefits, 401K, vacation