AGCO is seeking a Key Account Manager for the territory covering the Fargo, North Dakota area.The Key Account Manager is responsible for providing both short-term operational initiatives and long-term strategic business plans for individual dealer targets within assigned territory (typically larger accounts). The Key Account Manager "owns" the overall relationship with the dealership and although primarily involved in the wholegoods business in total, unresolved dealer/customer issues from any functional area of AGCO will be escalated to the Key Account Manager to resolve.
Further, the Key Account Manager leads the extended field team (all field facing positions) that call on these dealers and will lead to coordinate the overall strategies and priorities of field team members calling on a specific dealer. Additionally, the Key Account Manager has responsibility for dealer development and overall dealer performance within a given geography.
Job Function and Responsibilities
- Responsible for individual dealer targets (i.e. sales, profit, market share, loyalty), and build required relationships with the dealer through credibility to lead dealer in desired direction by coaching and eventual dealer buy-in
- Highly involved in "strategic selling" involving larger and more complex sales processes. In addition, this role is more consultative in nature, working as a liaison between department heads of a dealership and department heads at AGCO to streamline processes for all parties.
- Provide the most overall value to the customers through proper understanding of customer requirements, need, situations, and coaching dealers to provide tailored incentive packages
- Assist dealers in closing deals with end-users including accompanying the Dealer on field (end-customer) visits
- Review and agree on dealer execution plans including pipeline execution
- Ensure dealers are fully compliant with all admin requirements: settlements, warranty registrations, etc.
- Develop sales plans that address current and future needs to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual objectives and commitment to company growth
- Drive sales pipeline management process with sales personnel (coach, review, track, report, follow-up)
- Gather competitive field intelligence to manage/liaison AGCO targeted product segment programs as well as provide recommendations for new product development
- Interface with other internal AGCO divisions to provide support as required
- Drive dealer engagement with new Product Launches and Support Tools
- Engage dealer with routine business and strategic planning meetings with field support staff and corporate staff.
- Assist Distribution Development Manager as needed with distribution development with assigned dealers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with top decision makers, principals, sales staff, service managers, parts, financing staff, and key customers
- High School Diploma is required
- Bachelor's degree in Agribusiness, Agronomy, Engineering, or Business Administration is required. MBA is preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of machinery or technical equipment sales experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically using Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook in a current or previous position
- The ability to create a trusted business relationship with assigned dealers, and act as a consultant or advisor to the dealers through developing a broad understanding of the dealer's business in order to drive improvement
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills including the ability to handle conflict and provide issue resolution through a strategic approach
- Must be able to communicate clearly with all levels of management, employees, dealers, and end-users, and be highly articulate with strong communication skills
- Working for an agricultural company, or experience working on a farm (Preferred)
- 3+ years of sales experience in a dealer-based distribution channel, or AGCO Account Manager (Preferred)
- Marketing related experience (Preferred)
- Travel up to 60% is required.
Nature and Scope
- Vital role to the success of commercial and strategic advancement within the assigned area, and sales region. This includes Commercial activities, distribution and supporting required after sales activities.
- Can be either specific large dealer accounts or key geographical areas within specific regions.
Area of Impact
- North America Field Sales Organization
- Will carry either direct or matrix reporting responsibilities for assigned Product Specialists within area of responsibility.
Global or Regional?
- North America
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life and accident insurance, long and short term disability, matching 401k plan, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
At AGCO you have a voice and the opportunity to impact our long-term success, as well as your own. As a Fortune 500 company and one of the global leaders in agricultural equipment manufacturing, we have an extensive network of over 9,200 dealers and serve more than 140 countries. We are celebrating our 26th year in business, and pride ourselves on competitive relocation and employee benefit packages. While headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, AGCO has manufacturing facilities all over the world creating and distributing their full-line of products, including Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson, and Valtra. Join AGCO and become part of a diverse team and grow your career in ways you never imagined. It's time to embrace your infinite possibilities!
AGCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.