- Calls on Chain store accounts to present marketing programs and develop business relations.
- Develops and implements strategies for increasing sales to and profits from Chain store accounts. Prepares marketing presentations to management.
- Maintains and increases sales volumes and profits. Ensures customers’ satisfaction with Core-Mark’s products and services.
- Uses matrix of products and services to negotiate contracts; coordinates exceptions with the General Sales Manager.
- Develops and executes a systematic monthly calling program for assigned accounts. Calls on headquarters to present “tailor-made” programs, promotional items, and additions and deletions to authorize product listings and to review problems and opportunities at individual stores.
- Coordinates follow-up of agreements through contact with General Sales Manager.
- Monitors accounts and Core-Mark compliance with contract, including promotional co-op advertising dollars. Prepares presentations of quarterly business reviews with account management and coordinates the scheduling of these presentations with General Sales Manager.
- Reviews all assigned accounts on a monthly basis to determine the profitability of accounts. Tracks sales at the store level and profits at group/chain level.
- Files call reports with General Sales Manager noting issues and action items, and handles tracking of action items until closure.
- Coordinates all logistical follow-up with assigned accounts, including programs/specials, custom retail pricing, order books, and informational reports.
- Meets and/or communicates monthly with General Sales Manager to discuss chain programs, pricing, competitive activity, and opportunities. Reviews accounts receivables with Finance personnel and General Sales Manager to ensure exposure is not exceeding limits.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Selling experience in a distribution/retail environment
- At least five years of work experience in sales
- Require BS/BA or equivalent
- Excellent customer and internal communication skills
- PC literate (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent knowledge of convenience industry
- Reliable vehicle, current auto insurance and valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- 10% Sales Growth
- 15% Non-Cigarette Growth
- 20% Non-Cigarette Margin Growth Annually
- Achievement of yearly MBO’s (FMI, Fresh and local, VCI etc)
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Loyal:Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Leader:Inspires teammates to follow them
Enthusiastic:Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Work-Life Balance:Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Peer Recognition:Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
Job Security:Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Growth Opportunities:Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Flexibility:Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Financial:Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better.
5 years:• Selling experience in a distribution/retail environment• At least five years of work experience in sales• Require BS/BA or equivalent