- Consistently motivates the sales team to ensure they are achieving and exceeding individual sales goals and other key performance indicators (KPIs) as determined by the Company.
- Supports the Store Manager in the achievement of total store goals and KPIs as determined by the Company.
- In partnership with Store Manager and Associate Store Manager, educates the sales team on store sales plan, personal sales goals and store statistics and motivates the team to achieve goals.
- Leading by example on Sales Floor and achieving individual sales goals.
- Creates a customer service focused environment by consistently exhibiting best practices with regards to customer service, sales generation and customer outreach.
- Demonstrates sales leadership by maintaining high energy, playing an active role on the sales floor and coaching associates on clienteling processes and standards.
- Develops a strong knowledge of Company history, brand aesthetic, brand philosophy and lifestyle and effectively communicates such information to sales team and customers in order to assist with sale generation.
- Develops a strong knowledge of Company products, including sizing, materials, construction, inventory level and sales trends and effectively communicates such information to customers in order to assist with sale generation.
- Handles escalated Customer Service issues or concerns.
- Assists with other Customer Service related projects as directed by Store Manager.
- Coordinates the daily activities of the sales team.
- Ensures that all team members are complying with Company Policy & Procedures and escalates possible violations to Store Manager.
- Participates in the training of new associates on Company Policy & Procedures, Company history and brand aesthetic as well as Company products and Customer Service standards as directed by the Store Manager.
- Acts as role model for the sales team by consistently exhibiting best practices with regards to customer service and sales generation.
- Provides recognition to team members for exceptional performance.
- Provides constructive feedback and coaching to team members to address performance concerns and encourage continued growth and development.
- Partners with the Store Manager to develop and train internal talent.
Operations & Presentation
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including but not limited to those found in the Company Employee Handbook and those communicated by Management.
- Performs and coordinates store opening and closing procedures in compliance with Company procedures, including counting register funds, completing deposits, opening and closing registers and securing the store.
- Processes all POS transactions (sales, returns and exchanges) quickly, accurately and efficiently and processes repair requests in accordance with Company process and policies.
- Ensures that sales floor always meets Company Standards with regards to merchandising, visual presentation and housekeeping.
- Ensures that display product is in good condition and marked appropriately.
- Complies with Company policy and procedure regarding merchandise and store security in an effort to minimize Loss Prevention risks.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and enthusiasm in communication with clients, peers, management and corporate partners.
- Participates in weekly Manager’s conference call as required.
- Communicates sales reports as required by Company procedures.
Skills and Requirements
- 2-3 years of retail sales experience required.
- Proven track record of sales generation and customer service.
- Interest in fashion and trend awareness required.
- Effective management, interpersonal and communication.
- Strong computer skills-proficient in Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights and weekends.