High School diploma or equivalent at least six hours of academic course work or 60 hours of documented workshop experience in early childhood education or child development Demonstrated skills in communication, both written and verbal; proven ability to interact with others in a positive manner; ability to work with school principals, district administrators, and parents. Must be at least 21 years of age. Must undergo fingerprint check. Must be CPR/ 1st Aid certified within 30 days of hire. Submit proof of negative TB/Tine test and MMR Immunization or inoculation. Submit name, complete addresses and phone numbers of eight references. Must be available for additional hours on "early release" days.
Kids Club Coordinator
To maintain the effective operation of the District Extended Day Program and to maintain positive relations with parents and staff.
- Work with coordinator and co-workers to plan, organize, and direct a variety of recreational and educational before and after school activities for students grade K-8.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the children, parents, school staff and other community members.
- Establish and maintain standards of acceptable behavior using non-punitive methods, which supports the child's self-esteem.
- Maintain an environment which promotes cooperation, learning and enjoyment.
- Assist Coordinator with daily attendance and records, scheduling and implementing daily activities, distributing daily snack and assisting in any manner as requested.
- Encourage high participation of students in daily activities and planning process.
- Assist in maintaining facility by keeping it clean, organized, & secure. Report problems.
- Assist with daily set-up and take-down of center: lifting/moving tables, chairs, and boxes.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings.
- Supervise staff and assists staff in all areas of on site operations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Tenmonth employee, classified salary schedule based on experience, and employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified employees.