Elementary School Teaching/Kindergarten
Educational Service Center of Central Ohio
ESC of Central Ohio-website
There is a Kindergarten Teacher position open for the 2020-2021 school year at
the Spanish Immersion School. This class will be taught in Spanish.
1. Accredited college/university degree.
2. Valid Ohio elementary teaching license is required for grades and subjectstaught. Substitute licensure will not be accepted.
3. Applicant must possess Highly Qualified Teacher status.
4. Must have near-native proficiency in the Spanish language
5. Successful experience in working in multicultural settings.
6. A minimum of one year of living in a Spanish speaking country is preferred.
7. Prior immersion classroom teaching experience is preferred.
8. Teaching experience among K-8 age group, preferably in Spanish content.
9. Experience using dynamic, child-centered educational techniques and media,and highly creative.
10. Technologically prepared to teach in modern classrooms.
11. Highly organized, motivated and willing to set high expectations for self and students.
12. For non-native Spanish speakers a score of “superior” on the American Council of Teachers of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) Oral Proficiency
Interview (OPI) is strongly preferred
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO: The building principal or his/her administrative
- Carry out all responsibilities associated with an elementary immersion teaching assignment.
- Conduct classroom instruction of all basic subjects in Spanish.
- Interweave cultural student activities throughout the school year.
- Infuse multi-cultural education and concepts into the curriculum on a continual basis.
- Develop multi-cultural curriculum materials and instructional strategies forelementary students as a part of a grade-level team.
- Communicate closely and encourage parental involvement regarding program goals, classroom activities, homework and school functions.
- Create a safe classroom environment.
- Collaborate with grade-level team members, program coordinator, principal andother staff regarding program implementation.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging trends, procedures and evaluation processes in immersion programs.
- Participate in weekly program planning and staff development activities.
- Participate in all training programs required for the immersion program.
- Ability to relate positively to primary-age children.
- Enthusiasm and a strong commitment to the full immersion teaching philosophy.
- Excellent proven communication skills (non-verbal, oral, written, and listening.)
- Ability to implement creative and innovative teaching strategies.
- Good organizational skills and flexibility in relating to students, parents, peers, and supervisors.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment through cooperation and participation.
- In-depth knowledge of a Spanish culture.
- In-depth knowledge of technology.
- Ability to appropriately teach children with different ability levels and learningstyles.
- Ability to understand that students are individuals, and the skill to work effectivelywith individual strengths and needs of students.
- Knowledge and ability to creatively instill the love of learning in students.
- Ability to incorporate international cultures into lesson plans throughout the year.
- Creatively strive to make connections with parent, other classes, community, and beyond.
- Assure the welfare, health, and safety of the children.
- Take daily attendance and keeping all required reports.
- Attend pre-service and in-service training as required.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by the building principal.
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO:
The building principal or his/her administrative designee
Each staff member shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed
controlled substance and abuse of any prescribed controlled substance in the
workplace throughout his/her employment in the District.
Each staff member shall serve as a role model for students in how to conduct
themselves as citizens and as responsible, intelligent human beings. Each staff
member has a moral responsibility to help instill in students the belief in and
practice of ethical principles and democratic values.
Please visit the Mansfield City Schools website to apply.
Terms of Employment: Per the Mansfield City Schools Board of Education/Mansfield
School Employees Association Negotiated Agreement.
The Mansfield City School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identification or
sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected by law.