Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a great company? If so, look no further - PSC Metals, LLC is looking for you!
PSC Metals, LLC is a scrap metal recycling organization that is presently searching for a Non-Ferrous Kiosk Operator at our Broadway location in St. Louis. By joining our team, you would be eligible to participate in the medical benefits plan including prescription coverage, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401k, holidays, personal days and a competitive wage. The qualified candidate would need to complete a background check, credit check and hair follicle drug screen.
As the Kiosk Operator - you would beresponsible for purchasing non-ferrous metals from external customers while providing excellent customer service. The Kiosk Operator is responsible to identify the non-ferrous recyclable metals into the particular type or grade within the policies established by the Company. Communicates daily with internal and external customers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and assist retail customers in purchasing non-ferrous scrap metal while creating a positive customer experience.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner while following all Company policies/procedures including required OSHA safety procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring all legal requirements are followed when purchasing material: verify identification, enter license information within kiosk
- Quote sale price of non-ferrous metals in accordance with company guidelines.
- Enter purchases of material within SAI (kiosk); Print required documentation for customer and company records and for customer to receive payment for materials sold.
- Identify non-conforming or acceptable non-ferrous recyclable metals.
- Remove metals from non-ferrous scale and place in proper storage bin.
- May operate a forklift; Conduct daily inspection and report any required repairs to management.
- Answer phones and direct calls as required.
- Perform general labor and housekeeping duties when needed to ensure the cleaning of the yard is being performed properly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Prefer 1-3 years of non-ferrous scrap metal experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work on a touch screen computer
- Must be available to work all shifts, overtime and weekends when required
GENERAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Worker is required to wear all required PPE while working within the facility.
- Worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: viewing a computer monitor; preparing/analyzing data/figures and have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned.
COMMUNICATION/KNOWLEDGE/CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
- Ongoing use of oral and written skills. Responsible to explain and offer guidance on routine procedures.
- Basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with ability to apply in
- routine situations.
- Frequent contact with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to give or obtain information or deliver excellent customer service.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at waist. Ability to reach by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. May stand for sustained periods. Fingering Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applies pressure to an object with the fingers and palm. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly. Able to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and make fine discrimination in sound. Working activities occur inside and outside.
If interested in joining our team, please apply at www.pscmetals.com/careers.