|Requisition Number||RCT 19-0329|
|Title||Kitchen Assistant Manager|
|Description||TITLE: Kitchen Assistant Manager|
REPORTS TO: MANAGER
FLSA CLASS: Hourly Non-Exempt
The job duties described below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Description of the Position:
The primary responsibility of Kitchen Assistant Manager is to oversee all kitchen operations under the guidance of the Kitchen Manager & Pub Manager. Duties include, but are not limited to; overseeing, training, and supervising other cooks on duty; adhering to and enforcing portioning guidelines; consistent communication with Head Managers and General Manager; enforcing and adhering to McMenamins policies and procedures; ensuring food is expedited in a timely manner; and overseeing product quality and presentation. maintain, and breakdown service and work areas so that they are well stocked and organized for efficient and safe service; regulating labor; overseeing side work; cleaning duties; supervise and train staff; administrative duties as assigned by manager (i.e. scheduling, payroll, ect.); effectively dealing with personnel and customer service issues as they arise; count and distribute tip pool; The Assistant Manager will be expected to be able to perform the responsibilities of each other non-management position in the kitchen (i.e. prep cook, line cook, and dishwasher). The Assistant Manager must be available to help solve & troubleshoot any problems that come up during the course of a shift and fill in for the head manager when they are on vacation. The Assistant Management position can be hard physical work and this job also takes mental agility and the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment. The AM must also have the ability to work well independently and also as a member of a team. Each employee will be expected to perform their job in a safe manner and report any safety concerns to Head or General Management. All McMenamin employees will also be expected to keep current on all company events, history, and products. Other duties as assigned by the Manager on duty.
Requirements of the Job:
• Obtain and maintain current food handlers card
• Previous management related experience
• Ability to accurately handle cash and work with numbers
• Excellent customer service & communication skills
• Flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays required
• Ability to remain calm and focused in a high volume, deadline oriented work environment
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Safely lift and carry heavy objects with a hand truck or the help of another person if necessary
• Ability to effectively manage others in a positive and professional manner
• Provide excellent customer service in a high volume environment
• Handle complaints in a professional and positive manner
• Work in & around a hot kitchen
• Work for long periods on feet including frequent walking, stair climbing and working outdoors in varied weather conditions as necessary
• Repetitive movement such as pushing, pulling, bending, some twisting and stooping
• Fine hand manipulation including handling small and large objects, computer keyboard usage, writing, chopping and use of kitchen equipment, etc.
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Be positive, polite, and cooperative with co-workers, managers, vendors, and customers
• Work around various heat sources, including grills, broilers, and hot-oil fryers
• Work with and around sharp objects, including knives & slicers
• Work with chemicals and used in cleaning and sanitizing
Non-Essential Functions of the Job
• Provide customer service to guests as necessary
Most importantly, this job requires a positive attitude and a commitment to excellent customer service. Each employee is expected to come to work ready to have fun and be a positive force.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION