- The purpose of this position is to exceed customer and Team Member needs and expectations by providing safe, efficient, accurate and pleasant food service, and guidance and coaching to Team Members.
- Ensure that one Team Member per shift is certified in Food Service Safety/Handling.
- Assist management staff with daily/weekly food service scheduling; including call-offs, vacations, and scheduling changes.
- Compile, maintain, and update all "shift assignment sheets" and ensure completion on a daily basis.
- Adhere to all food safety/sanitation and quality control standards and procedures in all areas of prepared food service; assure this adherence by all kitchen Team Members.
- Complete the food safety review checklists to ensure that the facility remains consistently within passing grade for all required food and sanitation audits (e.g. Foodservice Audit Report and Steritech Inspections).
- Order and receive all food service supplies and products and implement product presentation and merchandising of food service point-of-sale materials.
- Maintain clean, safe, and properly working kitchen areas at all times by assuring that housekeeping duties and maintenance functions are performed on a regular basis.
- Ensure quality control through proper portioning, fresh ingredients, presentation, and pricing for all food service orders.
- Monitor constant completion and retention of time and temperature sheets; ensuring that all prescribed equipment cleaning duties and scheduled maintenance functions are performed on a regular basis.
- Present and promote all prepared products to maximize potential for increased sales, including the implementation of signage, ordering, team training, and establishing team performance goals.
- Establish and implement inventory controls to maintain the integrity of all products and overall inventory management.
- Assist in the proper and timely processing of all food service accounting functions including: daily waste, known loss, daily paperwork send/load cells, Periscope software, inventory maintenance and control, and scheduled food counts.
- Assist management team in attaining budgeted goals and objectives and maintaining acceptable percentages in the areas of shrink, waste, expense, and labor.
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department.
- Supervision of team members within an area or section of a department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years
About UsGetGo is a fresh food, unique convenience and high quality fuel destination. GetGo offers a friendly, engaging place where customers can enjoy delicious, made-to-order subs, sandwiches, burgers, salads and more - all made from fresh, high-quality ingredients. The GetGo convenience format includes a combination of standalone locations and sites adjacent to Giant Eagle supermarkets, and we operate nearly 200 locations in Western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
As a member of our GetGo team, you'll be part of a small, collaborative crew who provides efficient, accurate and pleasant service and shopping assistance. From the morning rush to the afternoon lunch crowds, you will ensure that each person waiting for a fresh sandwich, picking up their first cup of coffee or simply at the pump, is met with a smile and the great service they deserve.