About the Kitchen Manager position:
Angel Fire Resort is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced & energetic individual with at least 1 year experience in the resort Food and Beverage Industry to coordinate daily functions for a resort restaurant venue. This position is responsible for training cooks and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking foods and ensuring an efficient and profitable food service by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Orders product and manages inventory.
- Tests cooked foods by tasting and smelling them.
- Ensures consistency of all food.
- Supervises cooking and other kitchen personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure timely food production.
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner and at proper cost margins.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and sanitized kitchen at all times.
- Assists the chef with development of menu items for all outlets based on current trends and product availability.
- Interacts directly with F&B Director and Executive Chef for special event planning, budgeting, and desired event execution.
- Develops, grows and maintains vendor relationships.
- Plans or participates in planning menus and utilization of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, and recency of menu.
- Estimates food consumption and purchases or requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Trains kitchen staff in proper methods and procedures for food production, sanitation and general outlet duties.
- Enforces NM Health Department Food Service and sanitation standards for restaurant.
- Adheres to and participates in the company safety program.
- Maintains biweekly attendance record and sends to payroll department.
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and patrons’ complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Maintains work stations according to outlet guidelines.
- Follows recipes, portion control requirements, and presentation standards as directed by the Chef and Food and Beverage Director.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises 2-10 non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting the Chef with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience: Two or four year certificate from a culinary college or technical school; and at least one year of successful experience in a supervisory position; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Solid experience in all stations of the kitchen (line cook, preparation of lunch, dinner, dishwashing, catering, etc.)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current NM ServSafe certification or the ability to obtain the certification within the first few months of employment.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to fulfill all duties of the subordinate job descriptions.
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining quality and consistency.
- Proficient knife handling skills.
Schedule: Immediately. Due to the resort nature of our business, applicants should expect to work weekends and holidays.
Pay: $16-19/hour depending on experience. Our competitive benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, fun resort benefits which include dining & retail discounts, a free chairlift pass, free golf, access to the fitness centers, and much more!
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: 15.00 Hourly