We are looking for energetic, experienced and professional full time salaried Kitchen Manager at a private, locally owned company. You will oversee the operations of the entire kitchen at two locations while creating a pleasurable dining experience based on a consistent food product. This position requires experience managing all day to day operations to include daily lunch and dinner as well as catering, offsite festivals and private events. This position requires availability of weekend nights and holidays as with any working chef/kitchen management positions.
Average work week 50 hours. Compensation relative to experience. Great opportunity for creative individual with superior management skills. This position requires hands on management. We promise you will never get bored. Fun atmosphere. Locally owned, established restaurant & award winning food.
Includes, but not limited to:
- Maintain a professional company image, including kitchen cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards.
- Conduct biweekly/monthly inventory. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, material, and kitchen equipment.
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, kitchen inventory and equipment, (2) replenish supplies, inventory, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) to minimize waste and pilferage.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is in proper operational condition and cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all kitchen areas and related storerooms are cleaned, mopped, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume and in accordance with sanitation and health department requirements. Notify Maintenance/Gm immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Rally staff during heavy shifts, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
- Position will involve some closing shifts to train team and ensure proper closing and sanitation procedures.
- Control BOH food costs through appropriate ordering, maintaining weekly inventory, reviewing financial reports and taking appropriate actions. Must have great conflict management skill to hold team to processes portion control and use of scales.
- Accurately and easily communicate standards and cooking methods to staff.
- Maintain kitchen organization and cleanliness in compliance with Company and Health Department standards.
- Create, organize and keep work schedules, to include hours and dollars costed out to achieve labor norm
- Recruit, interview and hire supervisory and hourly team members; supervise and motivate; take disciplinary action and recommend terminating hourly team members when necessary.
- Train employees, as assigned, in an ongoing basis.
- Lead by example to other team members and mentor new staff.
A high school diploma and relevant work experience required. Experience of supervising and/or managing kitchen staff and working with inventory and food ordering in a high-volume kitchen preferred. A mix of corporate as well as private experience welcomed.
- Exude confidence in cooking skills and abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to lead a team and communicate efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Demonstrate exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Must be internally motivated and detail oriented and have a passion for teaching others.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Moving about the kitchen in a safe and secure manner.
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils effectively and safely.
- Bending, stooping, standing and kneeling.
- Withstand potential climate temperature changes in assigned work area.