Organization: WICKED WEED BREWING
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Asheville-Wicked Weed
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Date: Jul 1, 2020
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Set up dish pit; ensuring chemicals are properly stocked and connected
- Collect and wash up pots and pans, dishes and small wares.
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unload food and equipment deliveries.
- Keep the storeroom organized.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitized.
- Other cleaning tasks as needed
- Measures ingredients and prepares them in accordance to Chef specifications
- Washes and peels ingredients in order for them to be used in different meals
- Cuts and portions different types of meat according to specifications
- Stores ingredients in dedicated containers, making sure that they are best preserved
- Uphold food safety standards at all times
- Knowledge of and love for food and craft beer
- Rapid changing flow of business
- That of a busy brewpub dining area and full service kitchen.
- Late nights/Early mornings
- The employee frequently must work in an environment with a moderate to high noise level.
- Hot or humid conditions
- Cold conditions in the walk-in
- Steam, kitchen equipment, and chemicals
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time standing and/or walking. Walking surfaces may be wet and/or slippery.
- Ability to frequently sit, stoop, kneel, crouch.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 55 lbs. safely and with proper body mechanics and occasionally life and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work effectively in a kitchen environment with fluctuations in temperature and conditions (heat, cold, humidity) for an extended period of time.
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.