Co-opportunity is a community owned grocery store founded in Santa Monica in 1974. We have deep roots in LA County. In fact, our Co-op started the Santa Monica Farmers Market!
Co-opportunity serves our diverse community and we know that great food means different things to many people. We love food and people who love food too. Our stores offer a full selection of wholesome foods and wellness products that give our customers lots of choices for the health of their families, the community and the world.
We've grown quite a bit since the hippie era that gave us our start; we are now a multi-million-dollar grocery store with two locations, Santa Monica and Culver City. Got questions about what a co-op is? Learn more here.
We're looking for good people who like people. If you're smart, motivated, responsible and would love a team environment - Co-op may be a match for you!
Co-opportunity Market & Deli is looking for full-time Kitchen / Prep & Cook.
- Assist daily kitchen production
- Fill in where necessary to ensure production gets completed
- Hot bar production
- Supports the manager in daily department operations.
- Minimum one year experience as line cook or kitchen prep;
- Be able to provide support and clear direction to deli employees.
- Must be friendly and get along with others easily.
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment with professionalism.
- Must be able to assist the Service Deli Management with all aspects of Service.
- Experience as a Kitchen / Prep & Cook Leader is a plus.
- For FT (over 30 hours) Excellent Medical/Life/Vision/Dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Bonus program
- 20% Employee Discount
- 401K/Profit Sharing