Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Ensure sanitation standards and cleanliness in all Food and Beverage areas. Assist Staff in keeping areas clean and sanitary at all times while ensuring that all equipment, dishwasher, steam cleaner, silver burnisher, cardboard bailer are operated in a safe accident-free manner.
Employment Status: Full Time
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Willing to be trained or prior 1 year related experience.
- Requires knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession.
- Ability to make quick decisions in high stress situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Pleasant and positive personality.
- Well organized.
- Ability to listen effectively, speaks, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
Cleaning of all rolling stock and racks, silver, presoaking and operation of dish machine. Perform special cleaning projects as assigned. Ensure physical atmosphere and cleanliness of all areas of responsibilities. Clean walls, tables, racks, sinks, floor mats and disposal area. Polish stainless steel. Clean ovens, hoods, filters, drains, hot boxes, steam tables, flat boxes and ceiling vents, according to schedule or as specified by Executive Steward. Ensure all trash is emptied at end of shifts; containers washed out and returned to kitchens. Providing a pleasant and efficient atmosphere for co-employees and guests. Follow all property programs to ensure compliance with the SOPs and STOs; to include safety and sanitary regulation, all federal, state and local regulations to ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to the guest. Assist with all banquet functions, china, silverware, glassware, chaffers, and help with delivering food to rooms. Communicate effective information to the next shift using the Stewarding LOG BOOK and or orally.
1. Maintain Mop Stations in each kitchen with 2 mops/buckets, 2 brooms and proper cleaning solutions.
2. Cooperate with kitchen and restaurant personnel and their needs to ensure that guests are taken care of.
3. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
4. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Benchmark rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Indoors, dimly lit, carpeted, climate controlled environment. Hard kitchen floors with occasional slippery or greasy areas. Handling hot china and silver. Outdoors, cement surfaces, with exposure to outdoor climate and elements.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Free Parking
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts