About SugarCRM, Inc.
SugarCRM is a customer experience leader enabling businesses to create profitable customer relationships by delivering highly relevant, personalized experiences throughout the customer journey. We empower companies to strengthen existing customer relationships, create new ones through actionable insights and intelligent automation and better understand the customer at every stage of the journey. This enables businesses to accelerate demand generation, grow revenue, deliver superior customer care and increase loyalty. Our easy-to-use, intuitive platform makes customer experience easy and accessible for everyone, allowing marketing, sales and services professionals to focus on high-impact, value-adding activities that create customers for life.
Where do you fit?
SugarCRM is looking for a driven, precise, and empathetic individual contributor to join the Knowledge Management team as a Technical Writer. Knowledge Management specializes in documenting Sugar applications for administrators and end users, empowering our customers and partners. In addition, this team of writers works closely within SugarCRM’s product group, providing product expertise, customer perspective, and detailed feedback that helps improve Sugar applications. Ideal candidates have a background in software, champion the user perspective, and have an exacting attention to detail. The position is a unique opportunity to both write user-centric product documentation as well as to help shape the future of SugarCRM products.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Prepare, edit, and publish product documentation for software releases including user guides, release notes, knowledge base articles, and other resources
- Collaborate with other departments to help identify product gaps and influence the design of new product features in upcoming releases
- Focus on user needs and adhere to our style guide in all content creation
- Maintain and improve existing documentation to ensure information is current and easy to locate
- Contribute to the improvement of SugarCRM’s support site functionality and user interface
Expertise you will bring in:
- 2-4 years of relevant experience as a software technical writer, software developer, CRM administrator, marketing automation administrator, or technical support engineer
- Relevant experience as a software technical writer, software developer, CRM administrator, marketing automation administrator, or technical support engineer
- Enthusiasm for educating customers with a proven ability to write user-centric content
- Very strong attention to detail with proficiency in grammar and written communication
- Ability to speak to all levels of application users (end users, admins, and developers) in a clear and concise manner
- Intense focus on user needs and passion for building excellent software
- Confidence to manage projects independently as well as contribute as part of a large group
- Thoughtful advocacy for positive process and organizational changes
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Technical Writing, or related major or equivalent work experience
- In-depth understanding of Sugar Sell, Sugar Serve, Sugar Market, and related applications
- Experience contributing to software feature planning
- Working knowledge of Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP and other web application technologies
Location: Cupertino, CA, Atlanta, GA, Raleigh, NC, Orlando, FL, or Remote