The individual will be responsible for managing large sized, multi-functional projects to delivery in both an Agile and Project Management environment. Will be responsible for driving scope, schedule, and resources to deliver the required capabilities on time while appropriately ensuring the business is ready and risks are mitigated. Must demonstrate strong project management behaviors such as the ability to effectively plan in MS Project, with clear understanding and communication of critical path, along with successful management of key stakeholders, collaboration with business partners, and the ability to monitor progress against goals, with timely escalation and mitigation of barriers to success. Responsible for leading large complex projects/Program Epics or large components of complex projects impacting multiple business units or an operational unit.
- Support Agile Release Train activity with understanding the of impacts activity will have on operations and partner with matrix partners to create plan to ensure appropriate readiness activities are in place
- Work within a highly matrixed team, establish complex plans and drive plan execution to completion
- Drives project planning and management of high-risk, high-impact projects
- Ensures integrity of original business case is maintained and any adjustments are communicated and understood by all key stakeholders
- Engages appropriate matrix partners throughout the project lifecycle
- Identifies risks and vulnerabilities, and creates contingency plans
- Partner and lead programs across a broad spectrum of Business Verticals
- Direct a broad range of functions in support of policy/process improvement activities in a matrix environment
- Ensures projects/intake requests are integrated with other business and related projects.
- Ensures projects/intake requests are completed within committed time and budget
- Manages regular status reporting to key leaders on program delivery status
- Mentors and trains junior PMs if needed
- Able to identify key stakeholders and gather needs
- Continually improves skills and competencies by proactively participating in various internal and external training opportunities and stretch assignments
Level of Leadership
- Drive our organizations, people, and processes toward a high-performance, customer-centric culture of quality.
- Maintains a positive and productive working relationship with teammates, staff, and matrix partners.
- Self-directed and capable of leading a team of professionals within SO OE and/or across matrix partner organizations
- Works well with larger groups from a wider range of organizations, as well as reporting out to senior executives.
- Continually strives to improve own skills and competencies by demonstrating initiative to participate in ongoing coaching and training programs
- Demonstrated ability to produce and exceed desired results
- Leads by example in technical expertise, high energy level, and can-do attitude.
- Responsible for setting the team up for success be ensuring the project and organizational culture are optimized for meeting the goals of the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of related work experience or 9 years of related project management experience strongly preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other recognized PM certification preferred
- Agile Certification Desired – SAFe Agile Certification and/ or Scrum Master Certification
- Master’s Degree is a plus
- Requires strong analytical, influencing, and change management skills while managing activities in multiple business areas, processes, and technologies.
- Demonstrated project management skill and success
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and drive results in uncertain and/ or ambiguous environments
- Strong business acumen, with proven ability to leverage knowledge base to quickly come up to speed in new business areas and new types of projects
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of the interdependencies among business units and matrix partners
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage the right individuals and work comfortably with leaders
- Strong communication and change leadership skills
- Demonstrated strong relationship building and team integration skills
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving/conflict management skills
- Can decide and act without having the total picture
- Adapts to ambiguous or unfamiliar terrains
- Able to influence in a direct and/or matrix environment
- Demonstrates customer focus
- Able to learn & apply quickly
- Previous experience indirectly leading a team in a diverse matrix organization.
- Fluent Microsoft Office skills – PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel, etc.
- Strong Agile Project Management Tools – Rally, Confluence, etc.
- Must be able to shift comfortably between micro and macro, desk level discussions, and senior leader report-outs
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.