Ruby on Rails Application Developer
Location: Washington, DC/ Reston, VA/ Telecommute Options
Our great client, a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned business, was founded in 2005 to address the IT and infrastructure challenges facing Federal government agencies. Since that time, our client has established itself as one of the fastest growing providers of technology and consulting services across Federal government, State and Local government, and commercial enterprises. Our staff maintain expertise spanning a wide spectrum of IT management, technology, and service solutions. Our client is a Cisco Gold Partner and is appraised at Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 2. Through the International Organization for Standardization, our client holds an ISO 20000-1:2011 certification for Information Technology Service Management and ISO 27001:2005 certification for Information Security Management System.
Our client has been repeatedly recognized as one of the elite in the field. The company was named to Inc. Magazine’s “The Build 100”, designating the Unites States’ Strongest and Most Strategic Growth Firms. Our client has also been recognized on Inc. Magazine’s “Top 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies” in 2012, 2013, and 2014. The Washington Post recognized our client on their 2014 “Top Work Places -Small Employers” list. Our client has been named as the #1 best place to work in Virginia, by Virginia Business magazine, in our respective category for the fourth consecutive year. This award is composed of two parts; 25% was a look at the benefits that an organization offers and the other 75% was based on surveys of the employees in the state.
Our client is an EEO/AA employer. Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Our client promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
Our great client is seeking a Ruby on Rails Application Developer to be responsible for development, testing, and maintenance of applications utilizing Ruby on Rails and related technologies. Candidate will be required to write unit tests and create and execute SQL (PostgreSQL) queries to verify data and troubleshoot issues. Candidate will also be responsible for assisting with the development of software technical documentation including requirements specifications, design documents, and test plans.
- Associate’s Degree or 5+ years of experience in the software development field
- Demonstrated experience with Ruby as a programming platform to develop multi-tier web-based applications
- Experience working within proper Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, utilizing source code control, and change management software
- Understanding of Ruby Best Practices
- Strong SQL coding background; understanding of SQL statement optimization/tuning
- Experience working in Agile and Kanban environments
- Infrastructure experience: AWS, Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Apache, Chef
- GIS functionality experience
- Version control experience: Git, Github
- Requirements management experience: Leankit
- Experience with developing APIs and Microservices
- Testing tool experience: Cucumber, Brakeman, RSpec
- Certification: Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
- Provide support for the full life cycle of software product development
- Perform prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems
- Develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software
- Evaluate new software products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems
- Conduct software testing to ensure satisfaction of application development requirements
- Support software quality assurance and configuration management activities
- Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Washington DC area preferred
- This is position allows for partial telework