We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Responsibilities include: Specimen procurement, accessioning, processing and testing under the supervision of a Licensed Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS). Performs all assigned duties in designated areas.
- Phlebotomy and Skin puncture techniques on patients ranging from infancy through adults.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Organizational skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Current California Phlebotomy Certification meeting California Business and Profession Codes
- Experience in obtaining blood samples by venipuncture and skin puncture methods
- Experience with computer data entry
- Two years phlebotomist or laboratory assistant with phlebotomy duties in an acute care hospital.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V