The Lab Assistant I performs phlebotomy and reception duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Registers and greets patients, reviews/obtain lab orders, post lab charges, release lab orders, informs, generates and posts bills and collects
• Performs blood draw in an accurate and timely manner.
• Explains how to collect random or timed urine, sputum, feces or semen sample.
• Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
• Current Certified Phlebotomy Technician 1 (CPT-1) certificate issued by the State of California
• High school certificate/GED certificate required.
• Must be proficient in using computers.
• 1+ years experience in a medical setting preferred.
• Experience in a laboratory setting is a plus.
• Knowledge of NextGen system is a plus.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office is a plus.
• Current documentation of Basic Life Support is required.
• Must be able to read and write English
• Ability to speak Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin) required.
This is a FLSA Non-exempt position.
This is an OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.