Serves as the direct liaison between the physician's office and the Department of Laboratory Medicine. Responsible for the timely distribution of reports and supplies, as well as pick-up of specimens. Maintains a positive client-centered attitude toward service and encourages the use of PML and other SCH services at all times.
- Transports laboratory specimens, delivers reports and lab supplies to clients according to the established schedules and routes.
- Documents client specimen pick-ups and accounts for all specimens received from each client.
- Reviews testing requests for completeness of information while at the client's office.
- Documents and reports problems and complaints from the clients to the PML Client Representative.
- Responsible for routine maintenance of vehicles.
- Serves as a Courier for special deliveries for other Lab or Hospital sections as assigned
PATIENT CARE/AGE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
QUALIFICATIONS/BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma
Pleasant and outgoing personality
Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely in all types of weather and traffic.
High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Illinois State Drivers license in good standing.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Internal contacts may include any member of the health care delivery team. External contact would include health care personnel/professionals, regulating/governmental agency personnel, patients and visitors.
Primary body position: Sitting = 50%, Standing/Walking = 50%
Lifting requirements: Some general office supplies and/or lab specimens, max. of 40#
Repetitive tasks: driving (60%)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.