We Are Hiring
Mgr-Lab - Peripheral Vascular Lab 001 - Full-Time,Day - St. V Evansville Health System - Evansville,IN
Monday thru Friday with hours of work to fit the needs of the department. Primarily 0800-1630.
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Health System-IN, you will have the opportunity to manage the daily operations of the Laboratory.
- Develops specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, standards and initiatives.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, and payroll.
- Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations. Determines and justifies needs for equipment purchases.
- Implements PI measures to enhance safety and efficiency of the Laboratory department.
- Works closely with service line directors and managers to resolve operational issues, interdepartmental/physician concerns within the health system.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Cytotechnologist obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Histotechnologist credentialed from the
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the
- Medical Tech credentialed from the
- 3 years of experience required. 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)